SDS100/SDS200: Partial signal dropouts

KO8A

Hi All,
I have the Uniden SDS 100. When I am scanning I get partial dropouts of the conversation. For example, I am listening to local P25 Police. As they are talking back and forth their transmissions do a partial cutoff. I thought it had to do with my squelch settings but I have the squelch set to zero. The signal is strong it just is that part of their transmission will cut off usually at the end. Any hints on what is causing this??
Thanks scanner friends,

Greg...

dmfalk

I'll echo what W3JMC said, as my first thought was to check your Priority settings. The reason why is quite simple: the SDS100 cannot monitor two frequencies at once, so in Priority mode, it briefly switches to the monitored Priority channel(s) and back to the presently scanned services, sounding like an interruption.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,
I have the Uniden SDS 100. When I am scanning I get partial dropouts of the conversation. For example, I am listening to local P25 Police. As they are talking back and forth their transmissions do a partial cutoff. I thought it had to do with my squelch settings but I have the squelch set to zero. The signal is strong it just is that part of their transmission will cut off usually at the end. Any hints on what is causing this??
Thanks scanner friends,

Greg...
If you have a negative value in the DELAY time setting, the scanner will resume scanning even if the transmission (channel or Talkgroup) is still active.