PCR-1500 Freq Coverage issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueline_308

I have a PCR1500 that I like very much. The only problem is that they not only blocked the cell band, which I could care less about, but also 867 and 868 which I need to listen to my states trunk system (NC Viper).

Is there a hardware or softwarw mod to unlock the freqs that I need. I have read about a hardware mod for the PCR1000. Has anyone had it wok on a 1500?

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Jim

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Icom is really weird about how they block the cellular band. I'm reasonably sure there is no way to defeat what they've done. If it's any consolation, this will not be an issue for you in the post-rebanding world, as all of the frequencies in the 866.000 - 868.9875 MHz range will be moving up 15 MHz to 851-854 MHz. Without looking at www.800ta.org, I'm not sure where NC is in the grand scheme of things with regards to rebanding, but it's likely going to be a while before this happens.

Blocked freqs

That is because ICOM sells thier units in multi international markets. So they design one unit to fit all. It is cheaper that way. Plus the PCR1500 probably does not trunk is my guess. So if the block public service then they do not have to pay motorola a fee to be to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.