Pearl River Valley Electric Power Association

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
Aren't all the Cooperative Energy member coops on their own DMR system??

Dt

I work for Cooperative Energy in the communications department. We are implementing a statewide LMR project powered by TETRA. Pearl river is on on our tetra system and it's encrypted. we will be moving 11 of our members to our TETRA system within the next few onths.

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
I have their sites and I was working on the talkgroups but I've paused that as I found, during the big band opening Friday morning, more evidence they are linked to other companies.

Example, Magnolia Power in Tylertown came booming in, showing the same SysID as the PRVEPA sites and sequentially in line with them.

Someone above (flametamer) asked if all of the Cooperative Energy members are on their own DMR system. I'm unsure as I've found others to be P25 (Singing River), as well as Coop themselves to run TETRA.

Regardless, I'm re-writing my codeplug to explore this further.

I work for cooperative Energy and we are in the final phase of implementing our TETRA system and our 11 members will be joining. several member are already using this system

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
I work for Cooperative Energy in the communications department. We are implementing a statewide LMR project powered by TETRA. Pearl river is on on our tetra system and it's encrypted. we will be moving 11 of our members to our TETRA system within the next few onths.
Well that stinks. It helps for the lay people to be able to hear where you guys are working. Especially after a storm. It at least gives us an idea when we might be serviced.

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
Well that stinks. It helps for the lay people to be able to hear where you guys are working. Especially after a storm. It at least gives us an idea when we might be serviced.
I agree. I have no idea why we choose TETRA then the EPA choose to encrypt. I have a feeling all the EPA’s will follow suit and encrypt. From my knowledge only an RTL-SDR usb stick can listen to TETRA anyway

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Someone needs to tell them to turn in their old radios then since I've already copied both PRVEPA Wiggins and Columbia offices this morning.