Peoria PD now Phase II

KB7MIB

Peoria PD is now P25 Phase II on their main dispatch talkgroup 4141 as of at least 2:00am Wednesday morning.

It is still in the clear.

My GRE PSR-500 can no longer monitor that talkgroup, as it does not handle Phase II.

I don't know about any other talkgroups.

It has been submitted to the database.

John
Peoria

Last edited:

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Testing the HP2 around town since it can be mounted anywhere.

Programmed RWC twice. Phase I & Phase II. Alot of same talkgroups are on both systems.
HP2 will not receive Phoenix 500. I've programed it several ways with no luck.
The SDS just works!

KB7MIB

Peoria PD is back to Phase I this morning. They may be in a testing phase prior to switching to Phase II.
SIgh...

John
Peoria

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like someone's radio is set to Phase I ?? That causes that talkgroup to revert PI. All radios need be PII for group be PII.

It's a pain, more so for the HP & maybe Whistler. That's because the system wants to be PI or PII in programming.

KB7MIB

They seem to be bouncing back and forth between Phase I and Phase II. They were Phase II from late Friday evening well into Saturday morning at least. This (Monday) afternoon, they're back to Phase I again.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

They're still bouncing back and forth between Phase I and Phase II. I'm thinking that one squad is being used as a Phase II test bed, to see how well it works in the city, coverage wise?
Or, maybe, they only have enough radios for one squad that are Phase II capable? (I think they assign a portable radio to each officer, rather than sharing radios between shifts. But, I haven't taken a peek inside a cruiser recently to see if they still have mobile radios installed, so I don't know if they have mobile radios, or if that squad refrains from using them, and relies solely on their portables.)

John
Peoria

N9JIG

Sheriff
It only takes one Phase 1 radio to affiliate to force it all back to Phase 1. Eventually they could force all comms to Phase 2 but then any stray radios that are not Phase 2 capable or programmed would stop working.

KB7MIB

I notice it once or twice a week, and typically it's the 3rd shift, so I think that only one squad is running Phase II, for whatever reason. Testing? Not enough Phase II capable radios to go around? I don't know.

John
Peoria