Phoenix Fire CAD site

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Has anyone else noticed that the public CAD website for Phoenix Fire continues to get more and more watered down?

First we lost violent incidents. No more shootings, stabbings, assaults etc.
Then we lost natural gas leaks some time ago. Why??
Today I heard an ARFF assignment go out over at Sky Harbor. Waited for it to appear on the CAD and guess what? Not there.

What the hell, Phoenix Fire?! I love the public CAD site but if it's only going to be accidents and fires, that's not a true picture of what's going on in our city. Who should I talk to about this, gang? I'll be happy to contact PFD for us and ask what them is going on with the public CAD site. PIO? Our new acting chief? Someone else?

(if you ask me, the minute Bob Khan announced he was retiring that's when things went from bad to worse).

-AZ

Kars10az

You can thank the media for ruining a good thing. If you want to talk to someone, I'd start with the Communication Chief, Jay Striebeck.

Kars10az

Just call the main Fire Admin number (6002). I can't remember his direct number, and I don't think I've ever known his email address.

Ed

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
You can thank the media for ruining a good thing. If you want to talk to someone, I'd start with the Communication Chief, Jay Striebeck.

No, you can thank the Fire Department and Police Department for punishing an entire group for one isolated incident. Fact of the matter is, many at the PD hated having C deck in the open, and many at the FD hate that public CAD. They have been looking for an excuse to filter both for quite awhile. Another hard fact is that in the grand scheme of things, its not the media that the departments want to ultimately censor. Its YOU and me. The media is just an easy scapegoat.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
No, you can thank the Fire Department and Police Department for punishing an entire group for one isolated incident. Fact of the matter is, many at the PD hated having C deck in the open, and many at the FD hate that public CAD. They have been looking for an excuse to filter both for quite awhile. Another hard fact is that in the grand scheme of things, its not the media that the departments want to ultimately censor. Its YOU and me. The media is just an easy scapegoat.

Sounds to me then like calling someone over at the fire department would be an excellent way to waste my time, in other words, just like it was when I wanted to try and get permission to ride with crews and produce a COPS-like TV show featuring PFD. They basically told me to pound sand on that idea.

Why are WE the friggin' enemy? Aren't the cops and firemen supposed to be our buddies? That's what they always told me in school - a policeman or fireman is your friend. I think some of the ones sitting up in their big offices with "Chief" in their titles have forgotten that they're there to serve and protect ALL OF US, and not just themselves.

Oh well. It's not going to change anytime soon (or ever) so there's little sense in dwelling on it any further. You can't fight City Hall, as the saying goes.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.