Phone Patch on TRUNK88

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. I have a question I am hoping anyone on here can answer for me.

I was just wondering for anyone who uses TRUNK88 here on FLEETNET. If anyone would know what it would show on TRUNK88 if and when a dispatcher (OPP, AMBULANCE, etc) needed to do a phone patch with a doctor at a hospital or to anyone else and let them talk with the OPP OFFICER or Ambulance crew at the scene they are at. Because I have heard this done 2 times while I have been listening to my scanner and when it was done, it was on another tower that is out of range for me to pick up on TRUNK88.

So that is why I am asking to see if anyone has seen it on TRUNK88 and what it actually shows when it is done. So I will know if and when it happens again, I will know what it will show. If and when it does on our tower the next time. And if it will show something similar to when they do there normal patches or if it will show something different and what it would say. Let me know.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this post. Thanks.

Coolguy

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
It happens all the time here in the GTHA.
EMS units call in to Hamilton General, the base hospital in Hamilton.
Usually they go to a patch talkgroup, either the Hospital talkgroup or Tac4 for Hamilton CACC and a RID shows up as Hamilton General Desk.

Muxlow

Super Secret
In london when a patch happens the dispatcher will tell the unit to switch to say Tac 1. Then T88 shows say 14536 (Victoria Hospital Pager) paged 14536 (Victoria Hospital)
Then 14536 (Victoria Hospital) ACKed page from 14536 (Victoria Hospital Pager

I think that there is showing the page from the Dispatcher to the hospital page phone. Then the dispatcher makes a few clicks and patches tac channel with the Victoria Hospital talkgroup. And then taa daa. SO would show as London Tac 2 Patch includes London Tac 2. London Tac 2 Patch includes Victoria Hospital

And once the unit is done with their msg to the hospital the dispatcher shuts down the patch. I think all the hospital does is pick up the patch phone and thats it.

..Is this right? (For those of you who know how its done)

SCPD

QRT
Ok. That kinda helped.

I think I might of said it wrong in my first post.

When I asked: when a dispatcher (AMBULANCE) needed to do a phone patch with a doctor at a hospital or to anyone else and let them talk with the Ambulance crew at the scene they are at, say for a SUDDEN DEATH, VSA, etc. And they wanted to talk with a doctor or the dispatcher decided to do this for the ambulance crew to see what he (the doctor) had to say about what is going on at the scene the Ambulance crew is it and to see if the doctor will call the person dead at a certain time or whatever else he wanted to ask the ambulance crew or talk to them about.

And I didn't mean your normal patch to the hospital that the ambulance does when they are are there way back to the hospital with a patient.

What I heard was a actual PHONE PATCH, where the dispatcher had the doctor on the phone and our Ambulance crew who was at the scene on TAC 2 (talking from their ambulance mobile radio) talking to the doctor who was on the phone.

So that is what I meant. Just clarifying here. To see if this makes a difference on if something different will be shown on TRUNK88 when this is done rather than a normal patch to the hospital.

So let me know what will be shown on TRUNK88 when this is done. That is if something different will be shown. Let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies to this updated post. Thanks again.

Coolguy

Muxlow

Super Secret
I think its done the same way. The doc picks up the patch phone at the hospital and talks direct with the unit like they would a normal patch.

Iv herd this done a few times when a unit was doing CPR in the trunk on the way to the hospital and the doctor came on and told them they can stop.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I think its done the same way. The doc picks up the patch phone at the hospital and talks direct with the unit like they would a normal patch.

Iv herd this done a few times when a unit was doing CPR in the trunk on the way to the hospital and the doctor came on and told them they can stop.

Must have been crowded trying to do CPR in the trunk :)

From what I've seen it pretty much works that way. The patch phone emits a tone at the nurses desk, triage station, etc (wherever they have it placed) and they simply answer. It's completely transparent to the hospital staff as to how the call gets routed to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.