Picking up Edmond PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

oktex88

car2back

oktex88 said:
Hey guys! I am brand new to trunking. Currently I own a BC350 http://www.uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=BC350C&filter=Mobile and I am unable to pick up anything from the Edmond PD. I have found out that the metro, including Edmond are now on trunking systems. I plan on buying a PRO2051 http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2036234&cp=2032052.2032072&parentPage=family to be able to trunk. Would this scanner be able to pick up Edmond PD?

It sure will, but beware of the rebanding.....it's coming!

thats's the RS version of the BCT-8, right guys?

Chaos703

Phil, quit scaring this poor guy with all that rebanding foolishness! Rebanding is just another myth like black ice, global warming and an unbiased media.

Okay, maybe it's more like black ice because it actually does exist. But these things take forever to evolve. Yes, I'm sure rebanding is coming. But he'll probably have a few years to enjoy his new toy before that's even an issue. Probably. Edmond will probably go digital before rebanding.

I say damn the rebanding alarmists like Phil and buy the 2051! Just don't tell your wife how much you spent. Nothing good can come of it.

oktex88

Chaos703 said:
I say damn the rebanding alarmists like Phil and buy the 2051! Just don't tell your wife how much you spent. Nothing good can come of it.

No wife yet! I'm only in college! It sucks to be young. Just the other day I got stopped at the mall movie theater and was accused of coming out of another theater.. I did have my ticket stub for the movie I went to see and the only movie I saw. But the sheriff kept claiming no I saw you come out of another theater, which I did not! I laughed at the sheriff who accused me and said I hope yall have camera's and I left as my movie had just gotten over and my friend had to make a restroom stop. All just because I am young!

Anyway the PRO97 is looking really nice now. It can be retrofitted for rebanding and I can also bring it in to the grocery store where I work during severe weather as I remember a few months ago trying to use paper clips to get a TV signal to see the weather LOL! At least I will be able to hear it!

car2back

oktex88 said:
No wife yet! I'm only in college! It sucks to be young....

I know what you mean (I was born 11 days after the Challenger incident) I got my EMT liscense at 18, but EMSA won't hire me for another year :(

Anyway the PRO97 is looking really nice now. It can be retrofitted for rebanding and I can also bring it in to the grocery store where I work during severe weather as I remember a few months ago trying to use paper clips to get a TV signal to see the weather LOL! At least I will be able to hear it!

the Pro-97 is nice, one of my friends picked one up pretty cheap recently.... also PJ has me thinking about getting a RS radio instead of a Uniden next time around....:)

Chaos703

Since you're young and I'm not, I'm going to assume that I need to give you some advice for life (old men love doing this). So take notes:

1. Being young does not suck. It enables you to do fun things like drive fast without constantly being afraid that you're going to die at any moment. And you can also tie your shoes without groaning.

2. Never laugh at people with sticks, pepper spray, boots, Tazers, handcuffs and guns. Unless, of course, they can't see you.

3. Only one Sheriff. Many Deputies.

4. And most importantly since you're single: Buy a motorcycle BEFORE you get married. Doesn't matter if you want one or not. Buy it and hide it in the garage so your future wife won't have a ring-tailed fit when you want one in later in life.

I think that's all. Except, obviously, don't bust out your scanner on any first dates—not even for a pursuit. That's a real date killer.

The PRO97 is likely a great choice for you. I like mine quite a lot. I hate that the volume and squelch is on one post. And I don't like the way the display is arranged, but I've had a great deal of fun programming it. It works great for me!

oktex88

Chaos703 said:
1. Being young does not suck. It enables you to do fun things like drive fast without constantly being afraid that you're going to die at any moment. And you can also tie your shoes without groaning.

Oh yeah I drive fast, that's what a radar dectector is for. Edmond police pulled me over pulling out of my driveway with no seatbelt.. this is the middle of a neighboorhood.. I always buckle before getting to the road. Made me angry but they only gave me a "contact notice". grrrr!!

freqscout

It does take less convincing when you only have to convince yourself to get a motorcycle. The Pro97 is a good scanner. I have one and have enjoyed it very much. The volume/squelch knob is annoying but it is something that is fairly easy to live with.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.