Possible Aircraft Related Data Transmission?

Twister_2

Feed Provider
I get this data transmission once ever 5 seconds on silver star 467.850 in Hershey, PA. I haven't devoted a ton of time to direction finding it but a after a quick drive I narrowed it down from a 10 mile radius to a local hospital's medevac hanger (I think at least). It doesn't seem to transmit with much power because as I crest nearby hills, it quickly fades on the other side. I did some FCC digging and I don't see any licenses in this area.

Is this related to the helicopter? I posted it on the signal ID wiki discord and one person suggested it might be the weather station at the hanger. I can't see how this could be used to communicate with the helicopter when it's in the air because it's silver star and there are literally dozens of stores that use the frequency on their walkies. Also, it doesn't look like the hospital has a license for this frequency. So many questions and I'm hoping someone here knows what the data is.

If it isn't obvious, the first sentence of this post contains a hyperlink to the audio on Google Drive.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 18.20.42.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 18.20.42.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 10
  • unknown tele (1).PNG
    unknown tele (1).PNG
    95.1 KB · Views: 11

nd5y

one person suggested it might be the weather station at the hanger. I can't see how this could be used to communicate with the helicopter
If it's a weather station it transmits data from the outdoor sensors to a display or computer in the building.

Are there any restaurants near that location? It might be a coaster-call pager base station.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
If it's a weather station it transmits data from the outdoor sensors to a display or computer in the building.

Are there any restaurants near that location? It might be a coaster-call pager base station.
Yeah, I understand. I never expected the weather data to be sent to the aircraft. Those were two separate thoughts.

There is a restaurant across the street but as I recall they text you when your table is ready. I didn't venture into their parking lot to see if it got even stronger. My APX RSSI maxed out around 160 when I got as close to the hanger as I could in my car.

Larry51

Premium Subscriber
In Chesapeake, VA, our local hospital is licensed for 467.85 (and other similar frequencies in that band) for medical instrument telemetry. The FCC lists all their emission as 10K0F9W and the individual transmitters are restricted to 0.003 watts.