Possible Interferance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eburris12

Hello. I'm going to need a mobile multiband scanner antenna for my truck when my scanner gets here. I don't want to drill holes anywhere in the truck as I'm still paying on it. I don't want a through-glass system because I've heard they don't work well and I'm looking to get a good range out of the antenna.

So I'll need a mag mount mobile antenna. My question is, I already have a mag mount CB antenna on the roof of my rig. Will this interfere with the reception of my scanner? Will it interfere more if my cb is on while the scanner is on? What if I don't have my cb on, but I'm scanning? And in your opinion, will it look weired having more than one antenna mounted on my roof?

I appreciate the help guys.

btritch

No, It won't look to awful bad, I used to have a cavalier and I had an on glass antenna, the regular FM antenna, A scanner antenna and another antenna for CB since the on glass was bad, Just looked like a state trooper, LOL, And it will not interfere IF you are NOT transmitting on the CB, If you ARE transmitting with very much power and the antenna's are close together yes you will experience interference, However, as long as you just monitor both of them and do not transmit then yes, it will work, however, transmitting will be different, Someone else might have a different opinion but that's what I have experienced in the past with having a scanner and CB both in the car....Hope I could Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.