Possible new Norman TGs plus updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Game day, 11/3 - Beat the Yagis?

plaws said:
Heard it IDed as "TAC 2". Will submit to DB later ...

Someone else IDed 49168 (between Tac 2 and Dispatch) as Tac 1, which is at least a good guess if it turns out not to be not correct.

Game is at 1900 today, so I assume radio traffic will pick up after noon. Our expedition into town will start just before kick off, but I've got Unitrunker running already and will post what I find.

And what's all this about Yagis? Lots of folks on campus were saying "Beat the Yagis!" What do they mean? Log Periodics? Certainly not dipoles or discones (no gain there).

plaws

Premium Subscriber
plaws said:
48240 - EMSSTAT 2. Definitely EMSSTAT, and referred to as 2. EMSSTAT used to refer to the Norman ED channel as 2 (now 55120) ... <shrug>

I'm not so definite now. I've heard traffic there that is probably not EMSSTAT. No idea who. Public safety yes, but who?

plaws

Premium Subscriber
48240 - OUPD but what channel?

plaws said:
I'm not so definite now. I've heard traffic there that is probably not EMSSTAT. No idea who. Public safety yes, but who?

48240 is definitely not EMSSTAT but OUPD. Don't know the channel but in use for a special event.

woodyrr

plaws said:
48240 is definitely not EMSSTAT but OUPD. Don't know the channel but in use for a special event.

Peter,

I am not in a position to offer any difinitive information but fwiw, last evening they activated a patch between "EMSSTAT 2" and "OUDC" for some event. Hope this helps.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
woodyrr said:
Peter,

I am not in a position to offer any difinitive information but fwiw, last evening they activated a patch between "EMSSTAT 2" and "OUDC" for some event. Hope this helps.

A HA! That explains why I was so convinced that it was EMSSTAT 2 ... and equally sure it was an OUPD channel. :p

OK, I'm off this week and will run Unitrunker and see what I find.

Good catch!

plaws

Premium Subscriber
plaws said:
One of the many FDs on the "Lexington" channel. A VFD in the eastern part of Cleveland Co. This is a patch to the 152.6600 repeater. Don't exactly have a good handle on who does what, but believe Lexington may dispatch them.

Someday, I'll put together a list of the Cleveland Co FDs and who dispatches what.

Haven't made a list yet, but heard this referred to as "Cleveland County Volunteeer Fire Repeater" (pretty close, anyway).

o Lexington VFD
o Slaughterville VFD
o Cedar Country Volunteer Fire Rescue
o Noble base can use this (dunno if it's via the 800 patch or direct)
o Norman Fire Rescue and presumably Little Axe via 48304 on the DPS system

Are there other FDs in the county? Moore can probably get on there (via 48304), but probably won't be down that way much.

Status
Not open for further replies.