Possible U.S. Fish and Wildlife System in SD County

Status
Not open for further replies.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
I was looking through some information sent to me by a source of mine. I found a listing for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service showing a repeater on Mt. San Miguel. The frequency pair is 169.8125 repeater output and 166.3250 repeater input, with Tone 10 (107.2) for the repeater. This info is 10 years old, however, the frequency pair complies with the 2019 directive for the U.S. government frequency allocations in the federal 162-174 VHF band. It would not have to have been changed recently to comply as many other frequencies of the federal government have. Can anyone there confirm? I assume all the USFWS units in the coastal and foothill area of San Diego County would be covered by this repeater, given its location. I expect that traffic on it will be infrequent so give it a try for a week or two. If confirmed, I will submit it to the database.

According to other information I've come across the radio identifiers for fire apparatus and personnel will use the 8300 series. There might be an engine or two left that use a 5000 series number, until those engines are replaced.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. Information on the radio system/frequencies of the USFWS is hard to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.