Powder Mountain Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1970

In looking over the FCC Licenses for UCAN on the web I found a site located at Powder Mountain:

WQGP202 - POWDER MOUNTAIN 8.6 KM FROM EDEN, EDEN, UT CACHE COUNTY

A few years back there were 800 Mhz stand alone repeaters for UCAN at Herd Mountain and Monte Cristo that covered the Ogden Canyon/Huntsville-Eden areas. Since I saw no mention of either of the above mentioned sites licensed to UCAN (21 pages in all) is this the site for that area. FYI Eden straddles the Weber/Cache county line and I believe the ski resort with the same name is actually on the cache side. Anyone able to run Unitrunker on this or know anything about it?

k7kop

Premium Subscriber
Powder Mountain

Currently there is no site at Powder Mountain. There was talk of one a while ago, but then Powder Mountain was sold, and UCAN was going to have to renegotiate with the new owners. That was approx. 3 to 4 years ago. I wish they would put a site up there. Powder Mountain Rd and the northen end of the Ogden Valley have horrible coverage even with mobile radios. Maybe with Cache going to UCAN things will change, and they will put the site in. It would help solve coverage issues in the Ogden Valley.

Herd has 2 conventional 800 repeaters one is Weber County’s that is patched all the time to Weber County Sheriff’s working channel, and the second is State Repeater 2 which is not monitored. There is also a conventional repeater at Little Monte it shares the same frequency as the one at Herd for Weber County, but is toned different. The site at Little Monte is solar powered, and is only turned on when it is needed. I also think UCAN put I-TAC 1 at Little Monte.

Weber County handles all the calls at Powder Mountain because there is no access from Cache. The only part of the resort that sits in Weber County is the Sundown Lodge

Weber County’s Herd 856.9375 Tone 203.5
Weber County’s Little Monte 856.9375 Tone 186.2

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
ITAC rebanded?

Currently there is no site at Powder Mountain. There was talk of one a while ago, but then Powder Mountain was sold, and UCAN was going to have to renegotiate with the new owners. That was approx. 3 to 4 years ago. I wish they would put a site up there. Powder Mountain Rd and the northen end of the Ogden Valley have horrible coverage even with mobile radios. Maybe with Cache going to UCAN things will change, and they will put the site in. It would help solve coverage issues in the Ogden Valley.

Herd has 2 conventional 800 repeaters one is Weber County’s that is patched all the time to Weber County Sheriff’s working channel, and the second is State Repeater 2 which is not monitored. There is also a conventional repeater at Little Monte it shares the same frequency as the one at Herd for Weber County, but is toned different. The site at Little Monte is solar powered, and is only turned on when it is needed. I also think UCAN put I-TAC 1 at Little Monte.

Weber County handles all the calls at Powder Mountain because there is no access from Cache. The only part of the resort that sits in Weber County is the Sundown Lodge

Weber County’s Herd 856.9375 Tone 203.5
Weber County’s Little Monte 856.9375 Tone 186.2

The ICALL and ITAC channels have changed nomenclature and frequencies upon rebanding - down 15 MHz and changed to 8CALL90 8TAC91 thru 94.

I never heard them in the 866-686 range, but did not actively pursue. IF in fact ITAC-1 is active on Logan Peak (when accessed) it's worh programming 851.5125

The $64K question is HAS UCAN rebanded the stand-alone non-trunked ITAC repeaters? Has anyone heard them??
Wally

k7kop

Premium Subscriber
ITAC Rebanded

I will confirm they have all been rebanded. They were changed once all the radios were done. I would guess that the repeaters are there. I know when I go to St. George, and take my patrol vehicle my radio will not affiliate with the St. George site. My radio says it is out of range. I have to use the repeaters to talk to Cedar City dispatch. We also used the 800 repeaters when we went to Moab last year for an outlaw biker rally. So they are probably worth scanning. They are still listed as I-Call and I-tac in my radio. I don't think it will change anytime soon because of the expense of reprogramming.

Status
Not open for further replies.