Power connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the exact size of the dc adaptor plug for Uniden Scanners? Want to hook a radios to a 35 amp supply to reduce the amount of wire and outlets needed. Have nice 12 position fuse strip. Want to be sure to order the right plugs to make power leads.
Thanks

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
How are the splice connectors holding up? I've been looking at them but haven't actually tried any out.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Mine are all stationary at my desk and been great for about 2 years since I did this. I have not used these mobile, but they are good quality plugs and splices which should work well in a mobile environment too. I would rather use the solder splices instead of crimp connectors, unless you have some high quality crimp connectors and tools.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the exact size of the dc adaptor plug for Uniden Scanners? Want to hook a radios to a 35 amp supply to reduce the amount of wire and outlets needed. Have nice 12 position fuse strip. Want to be sure to order the right plugs to make power leads.
Thanks

Why not use the 12V direct power cable supplied with the scanners? It connects better, holds better and is heavier gauge wire and it came with the scanner.

1599962864855.png

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Why not use the 12V direct power cable supplied with the scanners? It connects better, holds better and is heavier gauge wire and it came with the scanner.

View attachment 91301
These would be a better choice for a mobile environment for sure. I did not go that route at my desk because they took up to much space compared to the barrel connectors to a fuse block.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Mine are all stationary at my desk and been great for about 2 years since I did this. I have not used these mobile, but they are good quality plugs and splices which should work well in a mobile environment too. I would rather use the solder splices instead of crimp connectors, unless you have some high quality crimp connectors and tools.

I was finding some with mixed reviews but the ones you posted seem to be mostly positive. I'm going to give those a go.

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the replies. For iMONITOR, yes they would work, but don't need the fuse because the automotive/marine type strip I'm using has individual fuses and ground connections for each line. The idea is to place it behind the scanners to reduce all the wiring mess. Am running 11 scanners. old8001, yes I have seen n9jig's shack online and it is something! Cellphone, I'll take a look at those.

Thanks again to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.