• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PPS Version 4.0.38 Released

belvdr

No longer interested in living
  1. Added P25 Trunking Public Resource import/export functionality.
  2. Step 5 in Key List supports importing .ekf files.
  3. For Radio Reference API, if the imported profile doesn't support P25 Trunking, there will be a prompt that appears and says,"The profile does NOT support P25 Trunking."
  4. Custom Alert Tone and Voice Prompt deletion should prompt for confirmation, similar to other delete actions.
  5. Modified profile to support multiple selections for deletion and export.
  6. Addressed issues when importing old versions of profiles into the new PPS (V00-03-16-29F converted to V00-04-00-36).
  7. Regardless of Full Spectrum Scan activation, ensure that PPS fills in default values for fields of Full Spectrum Scan.

belvdr

#1 is a very welcome feature!
Agreed. I haven't had a chance to install or test this update yet. I'm curious if it fixes an issue where a Gx won't come back into range after leaving. For me, that happened with 4.0.36 but not the 3.x series with the same firmware.

belvdr

I can confirm the pager will come back in range after going out of range like normal after programming with 4.0.38
Sweet, thanks for the update! I need to get some time to work on this too.

pokey

I upgraded to this version today from PPS 3, and when I try to login to Radioreference to import, it says invalid username or password. When I try to login from PPS 3, I have no problems. Has anyone else experienced this?

pokey

Not sure what the problem is. I’ve restarted my computer and still experiencing the same thing. Sign-in works perfectly on here and on my previous version of the PPS!

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I am attempting to import a .csv file of the MOSWIN system control channels that have a mix of VHF, 700 and 800 frequencies and it appears the PPS is not allowing me to add both the VHF and 700/800 frequencies into one system, the model is a G5VHF.

When I import directly from Radio Reference it seems to work fine.

Anyone aware of a trick to make it work while importing from a .csv file?

Hit_Factor

I am attempting to import a .csv file of the MOSWIN system control channels that have a mix of VHF, 700 and 800 frequencies and it appears the PPS is not allowing me to add both the VHF and 700/800 frequencies into one system, the model is a G5VHF.

Anyone aware of a trick to make it work while importing from a .csv file?
Just something to try, don't know if it would work.

Try two different CSVs. One with VHF and the other with 700/800. I think there is a check box for replacing existing data, keep an eye open for that. If you still get an error. Try again, but reverse the order of the CSVs you import.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Just something to try, don't know if it would work.

Try two different CSVs. One with VHF and the other with 700/800. I think there is a check box for replacing existing data, keep an eye open for that. If you still get an error. Try again, but reverse the order of the CSVs you import.
Thank you. I attempted this with no luck, the check box say "delete all old data" and I attempted with the box both checked and unchecked.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
After using the 'Import Radio Reference' tool to add several trunking systems to the 'P25 Trunking System Manager' I noticed the blank spots in the 'Band' section, those being the systems with both VHF and 700/800 sites.
C1.jpg

I also noticed after pulling the MOSWIN system in from the 'Customer Public Resource Manager' that the 'Control Channel List' was showing "The range of RX frequency is: 136~174, 763~776, 851~870 MHz".
E2-1 Control Channel List 136~174, 763~776, 851~870.jpg

After noticing that I used the 'Add' button and selected 'Import .cvs from RadioReference.com and add VHF System' and after doing the import the 'Control Channel List' was showing "The range of RX frequency is: 136~174 MHz", as one would expect,
E2-1 Control Channel List 136~174.jpg

but from that point forward I was unable to get the PPS to allow me to update/add the 700/800 MHz sites/frequencies to the system.

It seems to me that the PPS needs an option to import/create a multi-band system or do away with the band specific selections all together.

mbahsuro

I download and instal V0.4.0.48, but it’s not replace the previous version. Now I have two version of PPS. No problem at all :)

ErikSwan

Premium Subscriber
Yes, this is how it works when you install a new version of PPS.
Is there a way to upgrade, or at least import all the profiles and CPRM entries from the previous version?

This is my first time upgrading to a new version of CPS and when I launch V0.4.0.38, everything is just blank. None of the systems in the Customer Public Resource Manager that I had in V0.4.0.36 are populated.

Do I have to redo everything from scratch?

Last edited:

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm, I don't recall losing my CPRM entries when upgrading to 0.4.0.38, but I believe I did lose all the profiles.

The profiles can be moved over by copying everything from C:\ProgramData\Unication\G_Series_PPS_V00-04-00-36\ to C:\ProgramData\Unication\G_Series_PPS_V00-04-00-38\ assuming you are coming from 0.4.0.36.

Or you can export from prior version and import to new version if this feels safer to you.

Last edited: