• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

President mobile CB radios - Professional, polished and serious radios for the 11-meter band

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have been waiting to see President release AM/FM/SSB mobile rig, that is FCC accepted. The 5555 II has my attention, since it includes DSP noise reduction.

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
If you want a legal radio forget about the 60 watt transmitter and other neat features. I think the 5555N II is a winner and priced very fair. Just get one, do it!

I have been waiting to see President release AM/FM/SSB mobile rig, that is FCC accepted. The 5555 II has my attention, since it includes DSP noise reduction.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
[/QUOTE]
Go with the Anytone, my Lincoln II is weak sounding both receiving and transmitting. The Anytone is 100% better. And legal? You better get something with some wattage to reach others, unless you want to just talk a block away!:D

krokus

Premium Subscriber
If you want a legal radio forget about the 60 watt transmitter and other neat features. I think the 5555N II is a winner and priced very fair. Just get one, do it!
Go with the Anytone, my Lincoln II is weak sounding both receiving and transmitting. The Anytone is 100% better. And legal? You better get something with some wattage to reach others, unless you want to just talk a block away!:D
I would turn down the TX power, so the 60W is not really a major thing for me. This would mostly be for channel 19, but want the ability to do more. I have had some fun with the SSB of mobile that is not currently installed. (Obviously, I would turn up the power when using it on ham bands.)

The other option I have considered is the FT-450D, so I have the full HF range.

slowmover

So you already have a McK and not yet ready for an Anytone Q5N2?

An RFX-95 with a McKinley. (Always on).
Get heard on mobile locally during heavy Skip.

The less expensive route even if the above is DIY, but a bit more trouble to run the power.

SKIP Problems in Noise Abatement.

Noise is a problem for us all. During Skip conditions getting heard is just much more difficult due to a few dozen children of the Devil jamming up AM-19 with overpowered base stations.

Export radio wattage (this is a little above that) means when you need help, someone around you can hear you.

Radios of this sort aren’t the problem.

Last edited:

Mophead

Premium Subscriber
My best sounding CB back in the day (80's) no doubt was my President AR-144 paired with a D-104. Audio was crystal clear and loud.

merlin

Professional radios for CB ??
Guess the last one I saw was a 70s vintage General MC-11A

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 5

slowmover

Very good pairing, I like the 503 better than the 703.
Size & amp draw alone make it a win for the 503 in mobile.

I’m using the Lincoln 2 in the big truck for awhile. Skip makes distinguishing four types of RX on local comms near impossible (the 959 advantage).

Status
Not open for further replies.