• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

President mobile CB radios - Professional, polished and serious radios for the 11-meter band

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
"CB radios - Professional, polished and serious radios" ? Isn't that somewhat of an oxymoron? I've owned several and they all lack in quality by any definition of the word.

slowmover

Well I bit the bullet on the anytone for the truck. My Stryker 955 is great and it is almost the same radio. The Lincoln II audio just never sounded good to me or good to anyone I was talking to.

Let us know what you think.

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
The new Stryker 955HPC V2 is made by Anytone, its a 5555N II which you can get for about $259 where the Stryker is at least $100 more. Stryker has been buying Anytone radios for years and sticking their name on them. At some point its cheaper to just get a used ham radio with better performance.

You mean the $500 CB radio pretending to be a 10M amateur radio?

slowmover

Quad 5 N2 = $250
955 V2 = $450

Some differences in features.

Stryker audio not to be discounted. In big trucks, a commanding “voice” (all inclusive) gets attention, for, while these vehicles are better than they used to be, audio punch rises above the fray. Helps get you Heard.

I haven’t looked for a comparison video (if one has been done since May), but it would be of value.

As this thread is PRESIDENT, no, they lack this (Magnum, Galaxy, Stryker, Connex, all had it).

It’s why men bought them.

rcarl

I like the 3 yr warranty and knobs that can be adjusted while driving.. You can also call stryker and talk to someone.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I am completely deaf in my left ear and running 60% in my right one. I hear this radio better than the Stryker. A few audio checks and people asked what I did to my Stryker to make it louder.

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
If your measuring an AT-5555N II then your meter needs calibrating. In AM mode they do about 12-15w carrier and 60w peak.

Two days late from Amazon, but got it today. I think I have a new favorite radio! Sound is as good as if not better than the Stryker, and barefoot dead keying at 40 watts, swinging to 110 on AM.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Then I need to calibrate two meters both the built in one and my MFJ, both are showing the same. Lucky silicone club.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
That was off the radio meter, could be off, but was talking big time across the country.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Two days late from Amazon, but got it today. I think I have a new favorite radio! Sound is as good as if not better than the Stryker, and barefoot dead keying at 40 watts, swinging to 110 on AM.
How long were you waiting for your order? The only 5555 I am seeing on Amazon shows one to two month shipping date.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Now don't get me on Amazon with their recent shipping, Prime member and am building a little media rig, two day shipping has now turned into by the 12th of this month. I have received all but the motherboard.

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.