Pro 106 broken signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0CSE

Getting alot of broken signal transmition on this unit at times...full bar's too....is there an upgrade I'm missing?...P-25 800meg...KCMO system...any one else having this problem...tried the new 800 meg antenna.....an outside antenna..a telescoping antenna...anything I'm missing?

Last edited:
Getting alot of broken signal transmition on this unit at times...full bar's too....is there an upgrade I'm missing?...P-25 800meg...KCMO system...any one else having this problem...tried the new 800 meg antenna.....an outside antenna..a telescoping antenna...anything I'm missing?

These are the most current updates for the Pro 106

Click on the blue link

Pro-106 - The RadioReference Wiki

Maybe either turn on the attenuator or the global

I have turned both on...still at times broken transmition.....going through the manual to find "Extended Adjustments"....can't find it.....

For expert settings for the extended adjustments.

1.) Press PGM
2.) Press the FUNC key
3.)Press the F3/GLOB key

This will get you to those settings.

Youcan scroll through by pressing the down arrow key.

n5ims

Since the KCMO system appears to be a simulcast P-25 system, you're probably having issues with the digital simulcast distortion (Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki) where too much signal from multiple towers is causing issues. Try things to reduce signal level (like the attenuator) or isolate your receiption from only a single tower using a very directional antenna like a yagi.

I understand that you've attempted to use multiple antennas and the attenuator. You might try something "stupid" like no antenna to see if that helps (that should reduce the signal to the absolute minimum possible) or at least tell you how much signal you're getting without any antenna. At times, I'm able to shield my antenna with my hand to reduce the mixing signals enough to get good receiption when traveling through a bad spot on my local system.

You might also want to check out this thread (http://forums.radioreference.com/scanner-receiver-antennas/219524-cure-my-simulcast-distortion.html) and others linked to there to see what things you might do to help correct your issue. This is a very common issue with scanners (and even some actual radios).

KC0CSE

Since the KCMO system appears to be a simulcast P-25 system, you're probably having issues with the digital simulcast distortion (Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki) where too much signal from multiple towers is causing issues. Try things to reduce signal level (like the attenuator) or isolate your receiption from only a single tower using a very directional antenna like a yagi.

I understand that you've attempted to use multiple antennas and the attenuator. You might try something "stupid" like no antenna to see if that helps (that should reduce the signal to the absolute minimum possible) or at least tell you how much signal you're getting without any antenna. At times, I'm able to shield my antenna with my hand to reduce the mixing signals enough to get good receiption when traveling through a bad spot on my local system.

You might also want to check out this thread (http://forums.radioreference.com/scanner-receiver-antennas/219524-cure-my-simulcast-distortion.html) and others linked to there to see what things you might do to help correct your issue. This is a very common issue with scanners (and even some actual radios).[/QUOTE

thanks for the input....my system has 4 CC... currently they appear to be using only one the best I can tell...I'm using the WildCard scanning option at this time because they keep adding new talkgroups in there new stage...Im wondering only two weeks old in there broadcast that they will tweek there system? as far as finding the closest tower I'm not sure how to find that out...if I take off the 800meg rubber duck I get no reception at all ..... simulcast systems I was not aware of there shortcomings on a scanner...I thought I had your run of mill P-25....thank you.....Mike

KC0CSE

just took the scanner for a ride..WOW what a difference...everything worked as it should...audio and all....the interference is in the house....I'm in a room with a wireless router HD tv...computer some ham radios..(antennas outside though)....so being a ham I should of known this....RF interference...(can't see the forest for the tree's) .......a learning experience with digital... my guess the wireless router is the problem....I will go through the elimination process...update you soon...One would think when I add an outdoor antenna to the scanner I would have eliminated the RF...that was not the case it was still there....maybe worse ...high power transmition lines are near by...cell tower within 1/2 mile...put the "A" on with no noticeable deference...thanks Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.