Pro 106 heap error

Status
Not open for further replies.

case8245

When I try to use the keys on my scanner like the PGM or MAN, I get a "heap error 220D1F : 2214" message. How can I fix this? I can program my scanner on my PC, but can't lock out by just the key pad.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
You have "NOT" assigned some trunking TG's to the actual trunk system, by hand you need the "*" on the proper ScanList along with the correct Trunk System when you associate the TG object with the system....

case8245

Thank you for your help. I do not understand what you mean by assigning the TG by hand with "*". I don't know how to do that. When I press the buttons on the scanner I get the error. On my computer all TG are assigned.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
When your monitoring a trunk system and you see the TG's pop up hold on them and watch the "text" flashing from talkgroup text to trunk system text, one of the TG's will say "no trunk system", because you did not assign it properly to that trunk system, thats what causes "Heap Error.....When you program the scanner by "hand" which i do and assign a TG to a trunk system the SList must have the "*" astrisk present to match up the TG with the trunk system....There are many other posts on this site that have seen this same problem....

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
You will first have to clear the scanner completely Quick taps of 0, 1 during power up then do as Ronin described.

md_p97

I had a similar issue with my PRO-106, just before it stopped working properly.

After the scanner using the same files (and I do switch the loaded files from time to time) for over a year, I suddenly started getting heap errors...I tried the "0" then "1" at startup, reloaded my files and that seemed to do the trick for about a week.

Then, out of the blue, my scanner would no longer work with the ac/dc adapter plugged into the side. Neither the one I use in my truck, or from the wall wart at home. But interestingly enough, it works just fine when running on the alkaline batteries alone.

Not sure if its related, but after the scanner using the same file for well over a year, it makes me wonder...

GumbyCT

I had a similar issue with my PRO-106, just before it stopped working properly.

After the scanner using the same files (and I do switch the loaded files from time to time) for over a year, I suddenly started getting heap errors...I tried the "0" then "1" at startup, reloaded my files and that seemed to do the trick for about a week.

Then, out of the blue, my scanner would no longer work with the ac/dc adapter plugged into the side. Neither the one I use in my truck, or from the wall wart at home. But interestingly enough, it works just fine when running on the alkaline batteries alone.

Not sure if its related, but after the scanner using the same file for well over a year, it makes me wonder...
You have a completely different problem....I think.

Read this - http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/168822-voltage-level-pro-106-question.html

If it turns out it is related - please do let us know that.

Good Luck

ind224

Is there no way of clearing a heap error without losing all programming
I just flashed a new hard drive and do not have back up files.
It find it odd the hand programming allows you to create a tg without
a system and this trashing the scanner until you flush it. Actually I find it quite
it quite stupid in design. No prompt to say "do you really want to disable your
scanner and lose a your settings?" instead it says new tg like no problem.

W6KRU

Is there no way of clearing a heap error without losing all programming
I just flashed a new hard drive and do not have back up files.
It find it odd the hand programming allows you to create a tg without
a system and this trashing the scanner until you flush it. Actually I find it quite
it quite stupid in design. No prompt to say "do you really want to disable your
scanner and lose a your settings?" instead it says new tg like no problem.

You don't have to clear all programming. Just find the TG in error and assign it to a TSYS. Details here: PSR-500/600 Heap Errors - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite

ind224

Good news. I thought I bricked the radio until reflashed because I was in the field with no way to get around the heap error. 0 1 did restore the scanner without killing the V folders which is what I was fearing. When someone says clear the scanner "completely" by doing 0 1 I assumed this would take out the V folders. Unacceptable. Thankfully that did not happen. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.