Pro 106 help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigk_54

Ok a good friend of mine dropped off his friends 106 and I need some help!!!!

I have a Uniden 996t fully prog and working!

I have taken this 106 and programmed in the control channels for Apco 25 towers that my scanner regularly uses. They are sitting right next to each each other and 106 picks up no digital!

Here is how I did it, am I doing it right!!!!

Hit Prog
F1 New
F2 Conv
Enter Freq.
Tag Chan
Then switch sq mode to P25

Did I do this right?!

I've been reading the "easier to read" pro-106 manual
I've been doing a bunch of searching and I'm pulling my hair out, thanks for anyone that can help me!!!

bigk_54

Is a scanlist enabled? Default is list 1.

OH boy I don't know. How do I verify this? I pick up some traffic on reglaur band but have yet to pick up digital. Just don't want to go program tons of stuff to find out I have it all wrong. Thanks!!

mikey60

Ok a good friend of mine dropped off his friends 106 and I need some help!!!!

I have a Uniden 996t fully prog and working!

I have taken this 106 and programmed in the control channels for Apco 25 towers that my scanner regularly uses. They are sitting right next to each each other and 106 picks up no digital!

Here is how I did it, am I doing it right!!!!

Hit Prog
F1 New
F2 Conv
Enter Freq.
Tag Chan
Then switch sq mode to P25

Did I do this right?!

I've been reading the "easier to read" pro-106 manual
I've been doing a bunch of searching and I'm pulling my hair out, thanks for anyone that can help me!!!

If it's a trunked system, the frequencies need to be programmed into a TSYS object, not a CONV object. The process would be to press PROG, then New, Then TSYS and go from there. Be sure to set the system type correctly based on the control channel type.

Mike

bigk_54

Ok then that might be problem u will have to try as tsys. Thank you all!! I'll try after work hope my problems are solved

bigk_54

Ok frustrated even more I think (had my hopes up)......

Here is what I am trying to prog....
Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Main 2 Towers I want.....
4-040 4-28 Vanderbilt [Charlevoix] 866.46250
4-043 4-2B Chestonia [Antrim] 866.15000

I went to prgm, then to new, so as what was stated above I need to hit TSYS, not there

Can anyone lead me now?! UGH gotta love these new scanner!

Also how do I make sure that p25 auto mode is on?

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
Create a separate TSYS object for each tower:

Hit program, then NEW then TGRP. Then select the scan list. Then arrow down to NEW then hit SEL, and arrow through the choices to set the type of system you want. Down arrow then create a system alpha tag, then arrow down to frequencies and hit sel and enter the freq(s). Use control channel only on motorola and P25 systems! Select SAVE when done entering the freqs. It will ask to save when done. You can then program TGRP's into the system you created.

bigk_54

Kayi4cle STELLAR!!! Thanks I will try this later tonight I hope! Prob be back when it comes to programming the tgrp's in the system! But til then how many how many towers can I put in each scan list?

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
As many as you want, depending on whether you want to hear each separately. It's easy to go back in and change the scan list designation of objects, so don't worry too much about that.

Regarding talkgroups:

For a “closed bank” effect, you can use your TSYS object to create your first talkgroup pressing: Program, Edit, Current, scroll down to wildcard and hit right arrow, type ID, do same to text tag your ID, and then save it. Now if you want to enter more (similar) IDs, hit DUPE and you can keep making IDs without having to change much except for the ID number and edit the text tag. For an “open bank” effect, you will need to retain a plain old wildcard ID (or make a new one). And don’t forget to make a private call ID if you want that.

Here's a link to the Pro-106 Wiki, and if you scroll down to Related Pages, there are links to the Easier to Read Manual and the regular product Manual. You can save them as PDFs and then easily search for what you need.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Pro-106

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

bigk_54

Kayi4cle YOUR GREAT!!!! THANKS! I have read the "easier to read" maunal and I think that got my head spinning even more! You have sumed things up pretty good, when are you going to write a manual for dumbies?! :-D

I went in and followed you directions and put in one of my TSYS. Now can you lead me a lil further on the closed, open, private bank thing! Guess I don't know what the diff is. My second ? is, there is already some of the preprogrammed stuff in this so with that said do I need to repeate the talgroup id's?

Also how do I delete a conv freq?

Thanks for ALL the help! A few more days and I might be prog on my own LOL

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
You are very welcome, and I'm glad I could help.

“Closed” means that you will hear only the talkgroups that you have programmed in, and you get that by not having a wildcard. “Open” means you will hear all the active talkgroups and you get that by having a wildcard (by itself, or in addition to talkgroups you have programmed in). On some systems, the open mode might allow talkgroups such as garbage trucks and animal control to tie up your listening pleasure! On the other hand, and as others have pointed out above, you can find new talkgroups in the open mode.

You delete by hitting manual and going to where the object is. Then you hit Program, Function, Clear. You can find these exact same instructions in the manual PDF by typing in “delete” up at the top where it says “Find”!

This will all start to make sense and you will be back here helping others very soon :)

73!

bigk_54

Thank you open system is what I want! Rural area we won't get alot of unwanted stuff! I'm not at scanner right now but do I go in where wildcard is to enter more id's? And do I have to replicate them or once they are in scanner and id'ed they will show?

I must have been at wrong place for delete cause I did search but there were no such buttons how I was doing it so I gave up. Thanks again! Can't wait to help someone one day battle through this like me!

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you go to your original wildcard, DUPlicate it and make your first ID, DUP it and make another, DUP and another, etc. After you have entered the IDs you want, they will show if and when they are active. Also, you can hit Manual when an ID is active if you want to sit on it and hear any traffic that follows. You can also hit Manual and scroll to a particular ID and wait for it to become active.

As for searching the manual, I usually use the regular manual rather than the easier to read one. It has the "search" feature at the top which became "find" after I downloaded the PDF onto my computer. Here's the one I've been using:

http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000106_PM_EN.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.