Pro 106 keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW2651

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows where I could buy a replacement keypad for my Pro 106.
The menu keys (up down left right and ok buttons) have fallen out after years of use.

I have looked on ebay, scanner master and some other sites and cannot seem to find replacement keypads.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

(I would have posted in the wanted fourms but cannot because my premium membership expired but it will be renewed soon)

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows where I could buy a replacement keypad for my Pro 106.
The menu keys (up down left right and ok buttons) have fallen out after years of use.

I have looked on ebay, scanner master and some other sites and cannot seem to find replacement keypads.

(I would have posted in the wanted fourms but cannot because my premium membership expired but it will be renewed soon)

I will get the information on ordering the part from your local Radio Shack and post it on the 16th

KC5EIB

Feed Provider

RSU part number 12469052 for the Pro-106 KEY TOP will cost you $13.89 plus shipping and is In Stock ar RSU parts. Any company owned store can order this item through the stores sales system.

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
RSU part number 12469052 for the Pro-106 KEY TOP will cost you $13.89 plus shipping and is In Stock ar RSU parts. Any company owned store can order this item through the stores sales system.

Well I am in need of a new keyboard for my Pro-106 and called Ratshack and they say they don't carry it anymore. Also tried the front case assembly and same results .. no longer in stock,

How can Radio Shack still sale the Pro-106 NEW and not have replacement parts???? :confused: :roll:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Most of the "new" Pro-106s have probably been sitting on a shelf in some franchise for several years and corporate is just now redistributing this stock to get rid of what's left. GRE has stopped production, so RadioShack cannot easily get parts that they used to be able to get on demand. I'm thinking that any parts that do remain is at their service facility so that you are forced to send it in for repair to make a little more than they would by just selling the part.

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
That blows.. am not buying anymore ratshack scanners starting today.

Uniden it is.. am glad I got my HP1 last month. :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Pro 106/GRE 500 Keypad

I recently ordered and received a replacement keypad from Radio Shack for my 10 year old Pro 106.
The part number has changed since GRE is gone and I assume Whistler is making them for RS now.
The part took about 3 weeks to arrive but it's installed now and works like new!

New number to order is 12495430

Simple installation is removal of the 4 cover screws and about 8 PCB ones.
The old one falls out and the new slides in place and re-assemble!

jack103

Premium Subscriber
Hey Johnny took your part number to my local RS they claim it does not exist . Any more info ?

I recently ordered and received a replacement keypad from Radio Shack for my 10 year old Pro 106.
The part number has changed since GRE is gone and I assume Whistler is making them for RS now.
The part took about 3 weeks to arrive but it's installed now and works like new!

New number to order is 12495430

Simple installation is removal of the 4 cover screws and about 8 PCB ones.
The old one falls out and the new slides in place and re-assemble!

Status
Not open for further replies.