Pro 106 missing digital transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinoboy

I recently bought a Radio Shack Pro-106 scanner. I live in Kentucky, so I monitor the state police digital UHF conventional system. I also have a Radio Shack Pro-2096. When I have both of them on and monitoring KSP (state police) I notice that sometimes the Pro-106 completely misses a part of a transmission, or sometimes an entire transmission. I tried changing the DG Int Prime in the Expert menu to decrease the time that the scanner waits to automatically detect digital transmissions, but it didn't seem to help. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thank you.

I recently bought a Radio Shack Pro-106 scanner. I live in Kentucky, so I monitor the state police digital UHF conventional system. I also have a Radio Shack Pro-2096. When I have both of them on and monitoring KSP (state police) I notice that sometimes the Pro-106 completely misses a part of a transmission, or sometimes an entire transmission. I tried changing the DG Int Prime in the Expert menu to decrease the time that the scanner waits to automatically detect digital transmissions, but it didn't seem to help. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thank you.

First question is after you programmed in the frequency did you set that frequency to P25 where the Sq Mode is.? The second is what did you set the DG Int to? You may want to set it back to what it was. In the expert Menu Setting try switching the RF SQ Fade: to 9 and see if that helps. One more question pops in mind is weather priority on, if it is turn it off. Because if it is on it is checking the weather freq ever 2 seconds which can cause to miss transmissions of what you want to hear.

w2xq

Mentor
One more question pops in mind is weather priority on, if it is turn it off. Because if it is on it is checking the weather freq ever 2 seconds which can cause to miss transmissions of what you want to hear.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I read this statement to suggest that the -106 will scan the loaded objects _and_ listen for the SAME tone on the NOAA frequencies? On my 106, if I push the "WX" key, the receiver only scans NOAA. What am I missing? TIA.

W6KRU

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I read this statement to suggest that the -106 will scan the loaded objects _and_ listen for the SAME tone on the NOAA frequencies? On my 106, if I push the "WX" key, the receiver only scans NOAA. What am I missing? TIA.

That would be weather radio mode. There are two other weather modes. The weather priority mode periodically checks the weather channel.
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

dustinoboy

PRO-106 Digital Transmissions

First question is after you programmed in the frequency did you set that frequency to P25 where the Sq Mode is.? The second is what did you set the DG Int to? You may want to set it back to what it was. In the expert Menu Setting try switching the RF SQ Fade: to 9 and see if that helps. One more question pops in mind is weather priority on, if it is turn it off. Because if it is on it is checking the weather freq ever 2 seconds which can cause to miss transmissions of what you want to hear.

I did set the frequency to P25 for Sq Mode along with the proper NAC. I set DG Int to 30 first, but then to 5 after 30 didn't seem to help. I think default is 60. Maybe I should set it back. I will set the RF SQ Fade to 9. Thanks for the advice. And no, I don't have weather priority on.

Thanks for the help!

I did set the frequency to P25 for Sq Mode along with the proper NAC. I set DG Int to 30 first, but then to 5 after 30 didn't seem to help. I think default is 60. Maybe I should set it back. I will set the RF SQ Fade to 9. Thanks for the advice. And no, I don't have weather priority on.

Thanks for the help!
Thats about all I can think of. Hopefully you will get to wher it works right for you.

w2xq

Mentor
That would be weather radio mode. There are two other weather modes. The weather priority mode periodically checks the weather channel.
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Dan let's try again. Maybe I didn't ask the right question. I've been through both easier-to-read web sites and I'm reading the manual pp 68-73. I have a WX priority channel and tones for two counties in the 106. I still don't see how I can listen to my scanlists 1-20 _and_ monitor NOAA for the SAME/FIPS tone at the same time. Is it possible to do so?
{Edit}
It finally registered with me. You can activate the WX priority but it seems you cannot simultaneously enable the SAME/FIPS tone for a county of interest. Disabling the tones now shows the WX priority channel engaged while scanning 1-20. I'd like to see the ROM upgraded... :-(

Last edited:

W6KRU

Dan let's try again. Maybe I didn't ask the right question. I've been through both easier-to-read web sites and I'm reading the manual pp 68-73. I have a WX priority channel and tones for two counties in the 106. I still don't see how I can listen to my scanlists 1-20 _and_ monitor NOAA for the SAME/FIPS tone at the same time. Is it possible to do so?

Hi Tom, Actually you asked two questions. I answered the second one about pushing the weather button and what were you missing.

The answer to the first question about monitoring for a SAME alert and scanning at the same time is no. If the scanner was on another frequency when the SAME alert was transmitted and the scanner missed part of the alert, it might not decode the alert properly. Therefore the scanner can't do anything else when it is in SAME Standby mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.