Pro 106 Setting/Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeangys

I pick up my from ebay.I noticed there were no serial # on the back of the scanner.The seller told me that it was the same way when he got it.Anyway was going to check it out,so I went over a friend of mine who got his from radio shack.My friend 106 for example ,showed 138 to 174 radio alert.Mine does not have it coult it be an firmware update or mine is a clone not a real radio shack one.
Any help would be appreciate...

RickS31

Chances of it not being a real Radio Shack unit is pretty slim. Just not a huge market out there for them for someone building knock offs. However, with the serial # tag peeled off the back, I'd be pretty suspicious that it was probably a stolen unit. I don't know if you got the manual for it with the scanner but if not there are two here, one is the actual one from RS and the other is the Easier to Understand manual written by one of the great folks here on RR.

Here is the Regular RS manual - http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000106_PM_EN.pdf

and here is the Easier manual - Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Hope you work it out.

Rick

Rick

Jeangys

Thank you I did not have the manual til now after your reply of course.
I did not update the firmware cause I do not have the cable yet.Will at least check the manual to get started here.

Jeangys

I got the cable from radio shack trying to do a firmware update but When I downloaded the free trial software it says that the version had expired.Then they ask $39.00 for the software..

RickS31

The software you're talkig about is the free trial of ARC500 by Butel that RS has decided to bundle with their cable now. That software is not required to do the CPU and DSP radio upgrades. Each of them is standalone self running program. Before you can do anything though with the cable you need to insure the cable drivers are installed. This sets up the cable in your computer. Just follow the directions included with the cable to the exact.

My suggestion is that spend time searching through the RS forum for solid information about using the cable, doing upgrades and just understanding your scanner. There is a learning curve on it but once you get it, it does an amazing job. Search the Wiki as well at the top of the page next to the forums tab. Tons of great info in there to get you started.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.