Pro-106 versus Pro-107 Reply to GetDisplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Is there a manual that describes the remote control interface for the Pro-107?? I would appreciate a link, cuz I can't find one.

Lacking that, maybe one of our software colleagues can help me with a question:

I have a ScannerCast user who is very eager to have ScannerCast support the Pro-107.

I don't have a Pro-107, but it seems that it takes commands that are very similar to those supported by the Pro-106. Specifically, it answers the same "GetDisplay" command {0x02, 0x4C, 0x03, 0x4F} with a string that looks a whole heck of a lot like the response from a Pro-106. But, it's not identical, because it doesn't "parse" properly in ScannerCast (which *does* parse Pro-106 replies properly).

Anybody either able and willing to (a) tell me the specific difference in the reply, (b) post a reply from a Pro-107 GetDisplay command (when the display actually SAYS something)?

This particular user, and I, will certainly appreciate any help you can provide?

Peter
K1PGV

Is there a manual that describes the remote control interface for the Pro-107?? I would appreciate a link, cuz I can't find one.

Lacking that, maybe one of our software colleagues can help me with a question:

I have a ScannerCast user who is very eager to have ScannerCast support the Pro-107.

I don't have a Pro-107, but it seems that it takes commands that are very similar to those supported by the Pro-106. Specifically, it answers the same "GetDisplay" command {0x02, 0x4C, 0x03, 0x4F} with a string that looks a whole heck of a lot like the response from a Pro-106. But, it's not identical, because it doesn't "parse" properly in ScannerCast (which *does* parse Pro-106 replies properly).

Anybody either able and willing to (a) tell me the specific difference in the reply, (b) post a reply from a Pro-107 GetDisplay command (when the display actually SAYS something)?

This particular user, and I, will certainly appreciate any help you can provide?

Peter
K1PGV

lol, Thank you Peter for being so kind, I hope I am not being to much of a hardcase.

Greg V

DonS

The PRO-107 doesn't explicitly support any of the PSR-500 family's PC/IF commands. Any PRO-107 responses to such commands cannot be presumed to be "correct", and certainly won't be supported by RS or GRE.

(Specifically, the "LCD dump" response won't return the entire LCD. Note that it only returns 64 "characters", where the PRO-107 display can have 6 rows of 16.)

PeterGV

K1PGV
Hmmm... That would explain why the interface commands for the Pro-107 don't appear in any document that I can find (whereas those for the Pro-500/600 are public -- That's the control commands, NOT the programming ones).

Thank you, Don. I appreciate your definitive reply.

Peter
K1PGV

The PRO-107 doesn't explicitly support any of the PSR-500 family's PC/IF commands. Any PRO-107 responses to such commands cannot be presumed to be "correct", and certainly won't be supported by RS or GRE.

(Specifically, the "LCD dump" response won't return the entire LCD. Note that it only returns 64 "characters", where the PRO-107 display can have 6 rows of 16.)

If the Alpha tags can get to scannercast, how com they are unable to get from scannercast to broadcast.

Please see screenshot #4 at the bottom of this page, the tags are broadcasting to scannercast. Screen Shots

The Pro-107 is sending the tags to scannercast but they do not broadcast?

Thanks
Greg V

PeterGV

K1PGV
The tags in fact AREN'T getting to ScannerCast. The data that contains SOME tag data gets to ScannerCast, in a format that ScannerCast doesn't understand.

Re-read Don's posting above. Tag retrieval is not supported from the Pro-107 by the manufacturer. It doesn't REALLY work... it just sorta sometimes kinda LOOKs like it works. Not supported by the manufacturer = not supported by ScannerCast.

The issue is closed.

Peter
K1PGV

Status
Not open for further replies.