Pro 106 - What USB cable to use and a quest about software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackster21

What USB cable should I use for programming a PRO 106?

Are there any programming softwares for the 106 that are on a CD? I'd rather have a hard copy of it instead of downloading it directly from a website.

Thanks,
J.

wise871

Database Admin
Radio Shack has the older USB cable in stock if you check around. Part# 20-047 for $7.69. If you just bought the 106 then you might have gotten the $34 cable for half price. As far as software I suggest Win500 but it's downloadable. It is free for 30 days if you want to try it out. As far as hard copy, not sure but you can always burn your serial and program to CD.

Jackster21

If I can't find the older cable, which one should I get? I don't understand what "serial" is. Please explain.

Thanks,
J.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually the GRE cable will also work, as I understand it, if you can't locate either the newer or older RS models - this wiki article has the SKU numbers and links...you need a USB-serial cable as new PCs these days don't have serial ports...

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

I also agree about downloading the program then burning it to a CD (which you can also do with the license key, so it never gets lost)...however if you absolutely have to have it on CD, I think the only one that qualifies would be ARC500, and you can get it from Scanner Master...

https://www.scannermaster.com/ARC500_PSR500_600_s/313.htm

and since it sounds like you might be new to this, here are 2 additional links you might find useful...

ARC500 User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

And just to be fair, Win500 also has its own user guide...

WIN500 - UtahRadio

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.