Pro 107 cannot install software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjs303

I have vista home premium 64 bit. I cannot install and launch the program. It will actually install give me a shortcut for iscan on my desktop but when i click on it I get an error message. (Error: access violation at 0x02b728AC tried to read from 0x00000000 , program terminated. I have spent hours trying to install the program as the administrator, launch as administator or login as administator. I love the product but about to return because cannot get any help with software. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Welcome to Radioreference jjs303!

If it's a laptop you may want to take it to the local RadioShack store and see if they can get it to install or email support via the Shack web site to see if they have a solution. In a previous thread it was mentioned that there are two versions of the CDROM. One for Windows 7 and another for Windows Vista/XP versions. It may be a problem unidentified.

adnahoundsman

I have Winows Vista Home Premium.
The software loaded fine. The card reader reads the sd card fine. But when I try to use them together to access a playlist. It comes up as error.
Does ANYONE know a way around this? Or a step by step tutorial?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you installed it as an admin (and I think you would have to do this if you're running Vista), don't you also have to execute it as an admin?

73 Mike

dataway

Try starting the program .exe file directly from the directory in which it's installed via Windows Explorer.
Also try dragging the .exe file to your desktop and creating a shortcut to it there. Then click on the shortcut.
JohnnyB

adnahoundsman

Well I don't know what the difference was. Tried last night for 3 hours to get the software to interact with the sd card with no luck. Tried it this afternoon and it worked flawlessly.LOL.....GOTTA LOVE VISTA
Now that I have had a chance to play with the software. It is super easy!!!!!!!!
This scanner scans a little slower than my others. But is more sensative,sounds better,and is much easier to program.

This thing blows my PRO-164 out of the water. Which really suprises me.

jjs303

Ok thanks for everyones advice and help. After hours of frustration and no help from the radioshack store I finally got the software to work with vista 64. I ended up changing the compatibility of the software. Right click on the icon and go to properties. Then go to the compatibility tab. Here you can choose different versions of windows to run the program with. Believe it or not i chose Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 5) and it actually ran. None of the others worked except for NT. I totally do not understand this but I hope this will help someone else out there.
Now that I am using the software I love the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.