Pro 107

bob5731

Premium Subscriber
I jest got my pro-107 need to know how to make it scan what I programmed to the SD card? Like my old scanner I could hit the scan button and it would scan the programmed frequencies. What can I listen to in Cleveland county using this scanner I was hoping to listen to fire ambulance business retail security and safety no like the cops? Just got this scanner in from eBay in having a little bit of trouble figuring it out and programming it I know it may not be digital but does it do trunk cracking or can somebody give me some insight to tell me if I wasted my money.

bob5731

Premium Subscriber
I figured out how to set a playlist but can I display the frequency instead of the name of the bank? I wish there was third party software that would work with the scanner something like Arc 300 when I programmed my radio check pro 2055 Arc 300 did exactly what I needed including labeling the banks according to what I selected. I can't say that for Arc 500. I wish I knew someone close to Norman Oklahoma that could help me program this scanner correctly. I picked it up by accident on eBay thinking it could be upgraded can't even get new firmware because radio shack is dead in the sense that they don't support their old products.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I figured out how to set a playlist but can I display the frequency instead of the name of the bank? I wish there was third party software that would work with the scanner something like Arc 300 when I programmed my radio check pro 2055 Arc 300 did exactly what I needed including labeling the banks according to what I selected. I can't say that for Arc 500. I wish I knew someone close to Norman Oklahoma that could help me program this scanner correctly. I picked it up by accident on eBay thinking it could be upgraded can't even get new firmware because radio shack is dead in the sense that they don't support their old products.
I'm sorry I just woke up from a nap and saw your post, in case I'm a little groggy and I'm off base, just disregard this, you were talking about a Radio Shack Pro 107 made by GRE? With a data card??

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry I just woke up from a nap and saw your post, in case I'm a little groggy and I'm off base, just disregard this, you were talking about a Radio Shack Pro 107 made by GRE? With a data card??
I think they did have an SD card.

bob5731

Premium Subscriber
Yes I'm trying to figure out what I can monitor in Cleveland county if anything? I know it's not digital from what I read so I think I wasted my money correct?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I think they did have an SD card.
Yeah I remember this radio, right at the transition from GRE and Whistler transferring production for Radio Shack.

Kind of a smaller design radio, had object oriented format management but an SD card also..

Still winging it here, not looking it up, it was a Radio Shack model but not a GRE or Whistler model? Tough to get a case.

I'm assuming performance was similar to a Grecom psr 800.. now I do remember, I'm starting to look it up, sorry to waste your time. It happens.🙂

Last edited:

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I remember this radio, right at the transition from GRE and Whistler transferring production for Radio Shack.

Kind of a smaller design radio, had object oriented format management but an SD card also..

Still winging it here, not looking it up, it was a Radio Shack model but not a GRE or Whistler model? Tough to get a case.

I'm assuming performance was similar to a Grecom psr 800.. now I do remember, I'm starting to look it up, sorry to waste your time. It happens.🙂
I never had one personally, but I do remember seeing them available back when I picked up my PRO-106. I don't know why the local store even carried it, since it won't do P25.
Yes I'm trying to figure out what I can monitor in Cleveland county if anything? I know it's not digital from what I read so I think I wasted my money correct?
I think you're pretty much SOL for public safety, but you do have a couple of LTR, and NXDN systems, as well as conventional analog if they're still in use.

bob5731

Premium Subscriber
Can someone make me a file? I imported the frequencies into my but cannot here activity. How do I make the radio display the frequencies while scanning?

Nasby

Pretty certain that GRE and Radio Shack firmware can’t be interchanged. Back in the day, lots of folks bricked their RS Pro651’s by trying to use GRE Firmware in them.