PRO-164 Text tags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K7RRT

Feed Provider
OK, I know its probably right in front of me but I cant find it.... I know there is a way to get the text tags to always appear instead of the ID #. I had it this way before I just updated some frequencies today. I thought the answer was under the Wiki in "Tips and tricks" or something like that but I don't see it. I know I can get the tags to turn on if I hit the text button during a transmission but as soon as I turn it off its back to the ID#'s. I think I need to hold a button down as I turn it on or something like that. HELP! ;)

DickH

OK, I know its probably right in front of me but I cant find it.... I know there is a way to get the text tags to always appear instead of the ID #. I had it this way before I just updated some frequencies today. I thought the answer was under the Wiki in "Tips and tricks" or something like that but I don't see it. I know I can get the tags to turn on if I hit the text button during a transmission but as soon as I turn it off its back to the ID#'s. I think I need to hold a button down as I turn it on or something like that. HELP! ;)

Did you try pushing the button marked T E X T ?

K7RRT

Feed Provider
Sorry, I found it... If anyone else wants to do this and has ARC300, go under Configuration and deselect "Display ID number".

DickH

What exactly do you mean, "as soon as I turn it off its back to the ID#'s" ?
Is "it", the scanner or the TEXT button?

K7RRT

Feed Provider
I was referring to the scanner, I could manually change the display from ID#s to text by hitting the TEXT button during a Tx but when I turned off the scanner and back on again the display would revert back to showing the ID#s again, but I fixed it... Thanks for you replies and time!
73's

Status
Not open for further replies.