Pro-18 Digital Trunking Scanner - Post release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
Even cheaper if u use the $5.00 coupon from RS. Had 2 laying around from the "check your upgrade" promotion that was almost expiring and a coworker used both and purchased 2 in Pasadena at 2 different locations. He sent me a pic of his receipt.. $154.98 :eek:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380170132002.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380170132002.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,558

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack Story, went in to RS to get a price adjustment on the Pro 18 from $200 to $160, and while in the store saw a sign about military discount of 10% and asked if that could be added to my price adjustment. They were nice enough to do that so I ordered another Pro 18 to have shipped to the store @ $160 less another 10%.
Nice job

KF5YBZ

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack Story, went in to RS to get a price adjustment on the Pro 18 from $200 to $160, and while in the store saw a sign about military discount of 10% and asked if that could be added to my price adjustment. They were nice enough to do that so I ordered another Pro 18 to have shipped to the store @ $160 less another 10%.
Nice job

Great! How long is price adjustment valid after purchase?

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I don't know the length of time for a price adjustment, but returns are 28 days. If they will not give a price adjustment just return the merchandise and after they give you the credit then repurchase the item.
Good luck all.

dkf435

Got my PRO 18 today, last one in the area., it is going to feel lonely sitting next to the PSR800s. Had to play around and manually run install program but got all updates done.

David Kb7uns

Rick1959

Premium Subscriber
Need a bit of help. I did read an earlier post (page 8 I believe) but the directions given didn't solve the problem. Problem: While attempting to update DSP Firmware update I receive a message stating "Error Turn Off ".I have turned it off; removed the batteries etc but continue to receive same error message. Also, screen remains illuminated and I can't "back out" of it. Screen also states:

uP BootVer: RF 1.0
uP APP Ver: NONE

CPU SW UPGRADE:
ERROR TURN OFF

Thanks In Advance

Rick

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
Well bought one yesterday for the hell of it using yet another $5.00 coupon and sold for $330 today about 30min ago on craigslist and the buyer wanted it already fully programmed which I did :eek:

On my way to pickup 3 more to resell. Thanks Ratshack!!!

Rick1959

Premium Subscriber
LOL, yea scanners have changed a bit since when you simply inserted a crystal. OK, in the Browser field my frequencies are there....However, when I scan the play list I get nada. In fact, what I see is :

PLAY G
Playlist 001

Now I can scan using the pre-installed freqs on the micro sd and I see "T" and other data as well but I can't seem to scan the "custom" play list I downloaded the micro sd. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Rick

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
I had the idea of buying them up for resell but did not follow through. Funny, I didn't even think about not having a numeric keypad. I have just been listening and enjoying. if I wanted to tune a specific frequency, I would be lost without the manual or PC interface. Still for $200 you can't beat the capabilities.

This is probably going to get deleted by the mods but- I'm GLAD it didn't follow through for you. I went looking all over town even calling out of state to find one, apparently they are all bought up and many purchased by people to RESELL. I just wanted ONE- for ME- to USE. I cannot stand people that snatch these up with no intention of using it but to resell at a higher profit. We have a bunch of folks like this in my town, they scour the nonprofit thrift shops for junk that people like me, who cannot afford simple luxuries, end up NEVER having a chance at owning the items because some greedy person decided to ruin it for everyone else.

rant over, sorry but I am fed up.

KF5YBZ

Premium Subscriber
This is probably going to get deleted by the mods but- I'm GLAD it didn't follow through for you. I went looking all over town even calling out of state to find one, apparently they are all bought up and many purchased by people to RESELL. I just wanted ONE- for ME- to USE. I cannot stand people that snatch these up with no intention of using it but to resell at a higher profit. We have a bunch of folks like this in my town, they scour the nonprofit thrift shops for junk that people like me, who cannot afford simple luxuries, end up NEVER having a chance at owning the items because some greedy person decided to ruin it for everyone else.

rant over, sorry but I am fed up.

Golly gee willakers. Since I am such a nice guy I can tell you a location that has several available and I think they will ship to your local RS for no charge. PM at you.

dkf435

Golly gee willakers. Since I am such a nice guy I can tell you a location that has several available and I think they will ship to your local RS for no charge. PM at you.

Good luck finding a store willing to have a money loosing item to be shipped in so they can take the loss, they will not do it around here and made me go hunt it down after the search in the computer.

David Kb7uns

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
When I checked stock last week the local store was more than willing to ship in the last one in the area from another store some 50 -60 miles away.

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
Found 3 ($154.99each) and sold one today a bit ago.
Also got a nook color brand new for $24.99.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380587390595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380587390595.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,090

Rick1959

Premium Subscriber
Anyone?

LOL, yea scanners have changed a bit since when you simply inserted a crystal. OK, in the Browser field my frequencies are there....However, when I scan the play list I get nada. In fact, what I see is :

PLAY G
Playlist 001

Now I can scan using the pre-installed freqs on the micro sd and I see "T" and other data as well but I can't seem to scan the "custom" play list I downloaded the micro sd. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Rick

KF5EYR

Premium Subscriber
Well, I finally got mine. Had to jump through multiple hoops since last Wednesday. Had to have it transferred from a store in another city here in Arkansas. I figured best I could hope for was a display. Picked it up on lunch. I'm very pleasantly surprised. Manager said he got the last one in central Arkansas that wasn't a display. Been messing around with the software. Tweaking TGID names, etc. Even stripped of GRE's PSR-800 features it is a steal for the $159.00. I got out the door for right at $173. I'm going to be loving me some digital scanning, all night. Anyone wanting to step up from an analogue; it is well worth the money. If for no other reason than the dot matrix display. I'm a happy camper!

fredva

Feed Provider

What is in your custom play list? I see you are in Ohio. If all you happened to put in your custom play list is MARCS, the frequencies might be outdated. MARCS is currently being rebanded which means the frequencies are being changed. You might know that already, but I thought I'd throw that out there as a possible cause.

I thought I saw a thread title indicating that the Columbus city system might also be rebanding too, but I don't have details on that.

You didn't indicate in your post that you had updated your library from the RadioReference site, so if you are just copying what came on the SD card to your custom playlist, that info may very well be stale.

Rick1959

Premium Subscriber
Sir, thanks for your response and honestly I should not be struggling with this. Possibly, I am asking the radio/receiver to work in way in which it was not designed.

I successfully updated the firmware and the library. I then proceeded to Library Import (Franklin County Ohio non digital trunked) and selected the talk groups I was interested in monitoring. I then copied those to the Iscan SD card.

However, this is where I have failed.

I can only scan the entire Franklin County system embedded on the Iscan SD card. The selected talk groups I copied to the card, for whatever reason, do not scan. Actually, the scanner/receiver indicates it is scanning but there is no reception. The last couple days I have been manually "skipping" the freqs I do not want to monitor as I listen to the radio.

Anyway, thanks for your' help and I hope I have provided enough data that you may be able to provide a solution.

Rick

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Closed

This thread, was supposed to be about the radio and its use after release. The radio is now very long in the tooth and the company that produced it is out of business. All of the recent posts have nothing to do with the radio and its use at all. So, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.