Pro-197 Programming Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

VjGreek

Premium Subscriber
Im new into the 800 Trunking. i just picked up a pro-197 scanner from radio shack, I have all the frequencies that I need Fire,Ems,and Police wise. However, I don't quite get how to program the 800 trunking part of it.
Im using the ARC500 software. Do I need to program the 800 frequencies into the conventional, or Trunking part? or only into the trunk system?

I am trying to program the Frequencies for the City Of Reading Fire.

VjGreek

Premium Subscriber
Oh I have tried reading it, that book is NOT Novice friendly! I figured out how to program everything via the software, except the Trunking part of it! All I need to get is the City of Reading Fire frequencies programmed and I will be SET! I spend about 2 Hours trying to figure out the HEX/DEC part of it all and I have NO CLUE! Thats why I came to the forum.

at this point if someone cant help teach me how to do it, can someone create it in the software, and save the data file and send it to me so I can Physically see how its supposed to be laid out? My Brain hurts from all of this!

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Pro 1907 programming

After you select your system, site, and agencies you want to hear, just click the "Import" button. The software will automatically put it in the Trunking list, where you can assign a bank number and whatever other features you want. If you select conventional frequencies from the database, the software puts them in the conventional list where you can make your assignments and choices.

shadcall

You did not say if you have the Radio Shack programming cable. You will need it in order to upload the frequencies you want to listen too. You also have to be a premium subscriber to Radio Reference in order to import the information directly to ARC 500.

Once you have the cable and membership and then import the information to ARC 500 it will automatically set it for the correct radio system.

KB1UAM

i can help you out, just send me the link of the system you want to program in. i am an expert at programming most modern scanners, please just tell me some more information about which state and which trunking system you'd like to program.

VjGreek

Premium Subscriber
i can help you out, just send me the link of the system you want to program in. i am an expert at programming most modern scanners, please just tell me some more information about which state and which trunking system you'd like to program.

can you give me your Email address so i can get you what I have already done, and what I need to add?

shadcall

Yes I have the Radio Shack Cable!

Great. Now all you need to do is to get a Premium Subscription to Radio Reference ($30 for a year, $15 for 6 months). This way you can download the frequencies directly to ARC 500 and then upload them to your scanner. It is the best way to program a scanner.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
VjGreek,

I have been a radio and scanning enthusiast for over 35 years and these new trunk systems get very
complicated!!! They are not something you can simply get the minimum amount of knowledge about
programming in a couple of hours. I have no idea why the user manual or quick start guide (both which
lack any kind of good information) don't also say you'll need a big bottle of generic pain reliever for the
headache your about to have!! They need a big warning on the outside of the box as well!! LOL

I have been trying to learn and follow our state's trunk system since 1999 (pre 2002 olympics) with very limited success. I have bought numerous scanners and products which I thought might help. Since RR was not around in those days - this is by far the best place to read and study. I have put my scanners away for months and sometimes years trying to figure this crap out. Be patient and know there are many out there changing the way trunk systems and scanners work everyday and there are plenty of us out there working to figure it out right along side with you.

VjGreek

Premium Subscriber
Great. Now all you need to do is to get a Premium Subscription to Radio Reference ($30 for a year, $15 for 6 months). This way you can download the frequencies directly to ARC 500 and then upload them to your scanner. It is the best way to program a scanner.

Registered, How Do I Download this stuff now?

RomeRon

Im new into the 800 Trunking. i just picked up a pro-197 scanner from radio shack, I have all the frequencies that I need Fire,Ems,and Police wise. However, I don't quite get how to program the 800 trunking part of it.
Im using the ARC500 software. Do I need to program the 800 frequencies into the conventional, or Trunking part? or only into the trunk system?

I am trying to program the Frequencies for the City Of Reading Fire.

Taking it that you have all the frequencies for Fire, EMS and Police already programed then you already know how to use ARC500 , If so, then you would go to RR and download the trunking system for your area into a different scan list, In the picture you can see where to change/add scan list.

Attachments

• red.JPG
    red.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 2,495
Last edited:

VjGreek

Premium Subscriber
yup did that, and Still not picking up the City talk frequencies.... I can hear the disp on the Highband, but no Portables or Trucks talking

RomeRon

yup did that, and Still not picking up the City talk frequencies.... I can hear the disp on the Highband, but no Portables or Trucks talking

Try this file, unzip to desktop, open ARC500 then open the file berks county.gr5, then upload to scanner make sure scan list # 2 and 3 are on.

Attachments

• berks county.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 88

VjGreek

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for that File, I am getting Closer but still not there....
The city is on a AFA Right now, and The Scanner Stops on the 800 Freq, but its NOT sending audio thru, its a clicking sound im hearing.

RomeRon

Thank you for that File, I am getting Closer but still not there....
The city is on a AFA Right now, and The Scanner Stops on the 800 Freq, but its NOT sending audio thru, its a clicking sound im hearing.
Have you done a firmware update for the 106 http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3348287 scroll down to Product Support tab and do this update 20-106/20-197 (PRO-106/197)CPU 1.9 Firmware UpgradeApril 7, 2011

PRO-106 (#2000106) and PRO-197 (#2000197) Digital Scanners (CPU Firmware Upgrade 1.9 Directions)
http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000106_0197_V19.pdf
Are you close to these repeaters, and what is AFA?
Site Map: Reading Trunking System, Reading, Pennsylvania

Last edited:

VjGreek

Premium Subscriber
I will work on doing the Firmware upgrade now, and hopefully that fixes the issue! An AFA is an Automatic Fire Alarm.

VjGreek

Premium Subscriber
Firmware Upgraded. Still unable to hear chatter on the Trunk freq. It stops on those frequencies, the light turns the color i have it set to, but Nothing audio wise.

RomeRon

Firmware Upgraded. Still unable to hear chatter on the Trunk freq. It stops on those frequencies, the light turns the color i have it set to, but Nothing audio wise.

I don't know what is going on, how many bars do you have showing when it stops on a frequency, I did see where it said some frequencies have gone through rebanding, here is one with rebanding tables, you can try it.
If it doesn't work them I don't know what else to do, good luck.

Attachments

• Berks.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 76

VjGreek

Premium Subscriber
ok Issue Corrected, After updating Firmware and everything else, I read up on some more information on "rebranding." After going in and updating the TTables everything SEEMS to be working ok now, Im picking up Streets Dept, and Water Authority City hasnt had any calls to see if I can hear them talking, but since everything else on the 800 is working i will assume this is as well..... THANK YOU EVERYONE For helping my New To Scanners Dumb ***!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.