PRO 197

Mike709

I am new to this. My question is. When I program a frequency into my scanner and hit scan it says nothing enabled. What am I doing wrong? I used Arc500 and it won't pick anything up. Please help. I am getting frustrated.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am new to this. My question is. When I program a frequency into my scanner and hit scan it says nothing enabled. What am I doing wrong? I used Arc500 and it won't pick anything up. Please help. I am getting frustrated.
Most likely you didn't assign the frequency to a scan list, or you didn't enable that scan list for scanning. When you see that message, try pressing the "1" key.

Check out the "easier to read" manual here:

SA_tx_88116

Rather listen than to stream
I own the same scanner as you and the videos that helped me learn how to use the scanner is this one
which tells you how to program and use conventional frequencies and this one
which tells you how to program trunked systems and how to overall use other features that the scanner has to offer.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I use ARC500 also. If you attach your gr5 programming file, I will check it for errors. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder. What is your city, county, and state, and which systems and agencies are you trying to monitor? What programming cable are you using? If you go to the Scanner tab in ARC500 and click on Install USB Driver, it will install a generic driver which may work with your cable if you haven't done so already.

Mike709

I use ARC500 also. If you attach your gr5 programming file, I will check it for errors. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder. What is your city, county, and state, and which systems and agencies are you trying to monitor? What programming cable are you using? If you go to the Scanner tab in ARC500 and click on Install USB Driver, it will install a generic driver which may work with your cable if you haven't done so already.
I am trying to get the police fire and ems and t airport. My city is Middletown Pa 17057 County. I'm not sure what you me by a gr5 programming. Could you give me the steps to do that. Thanks

Mike709

I am trying to get the police fire and ems and t airport. My city is Middletown Pa 17057 County. I'm not sure what you me by a gr5 programming. Could you give me the steps to do that. Thanks
sorry Dauphin county

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
You'll only be able to monitor mode "D" talkgroups with a Pro-197 but if they decide to go TDMA in the future (mode "T" talkgroups) then your Pro-197 won't do you any good. Also, simulcast distortion will be a likely issue if you listen via any scanner aside from a Uniden SDS100 or SDS200 which are the only models designed to cope with its effects, so anticipate a lot of stuttering and missed transmissions

Last edited:

fireelf210

Premium Subscriber
I am using the win500 software for my Pro197, I imported the frequencies from RadioReference, they area on the list, but only one talk group is shown on the scan list. How do I add the rest?