Pro-2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

coppensadam

when I am listening to frequencies on my scanner, every few seconds the transmission seems to cut out for a second, then back on, then a few seconds, it will do it again. It keeps doing this. Has anyone else had this problem? is it normal? and if not, is there anything I can do about it?

thanks
adam

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
coppensadam said:
when I am listening to frequencies on my scanner, every few seconds the transmission seems to cut out for a second, then back on, then a few seconds, it will do it again. It keeps doing this. Has anyone else had this problem? is it normal? and if not, is there anything I can do about it?

thanks
adam
Unfortuanately, there is nothing you can do about that if the priority is turned on. It does that because every 2 seconds the scanner samples the priority freq, and returns to the original one.

coppensadam

thanks guys for the quick posts! I have my priority set off, and it still does it. Its subtle, but i can tell when it does it. Could it be something else?

Thanks
adam

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
It could be some kind of external interference (TV, PC, etc). Also, make sure your squelch is set correctly. It should be set just past the point where the annoying hissing sound stops.

Hope this helps! :)

mh34444

It could be the signal stalker as well. It baffled me as well because I never use 'priority' and would get the same interuptions. I turned the signal stalker off and it went away.

coppensadam

mh34444, you were correct!!! thank you! It was Signal Stalker that was causing the inturruptions. I turned it off, and it works like a dream now!

thanks

adam

Status
Not open for further replies.