Pro-528

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunya53

Very much a newbie question, but I'm just getting into scanning and have a couple of questions. Can I monitor AWIN with a Pro-528? Is AWIN strictly digital? I have been picking up Pulaski county freqs, but maybe they haven't switches yet?

Still waiting on a reply from the Yahoo 528 group.

Thanks,

Nunya

btritch

Yep

Arkansas Wireless Information Network or AWIN is STRICTLY 100% DIGITAL!! There are only CERTAIN counties on it at this time however it is going around that within a few years EVERYONE in the state will be on the system, I don't know how much truth is to that but I DO know that the current AWIN is ALL 100% DIGITAL. You will need a DIGITAL CAPABLE SCANNER to pick up the AWIN traffic such as a Uniden 996 T or A GRE PSR 500/600...Something of that nature that's Digital Capable and unless it's used anything like that will cost you not any less that $499 at least... Unless it's a good used one... Good Luck With The Addictive Scanning Hobby and Welcome To RR.com as well.

Nunya53

Thanks for the reply...you've confirms my suspicions. Due to the shear amount of radios, I hope it will be a couple of years before Pulaski county makes the switch.

Does anyone have an idea when Pulaski Co. plans on making the switch? Maybe specifically Sherwood?

Thanks,

Nunya

btritch

Not Sure..

Not for sure, Craighead County in NEA has already went TOTALLY digital, Jefferson Co. in Southern Arkansas have already went 100% digital, Fort Smith and Sebastian Co. are in the process of it and from what I'm hearing Pope County/Russellville Area have already swapped or are in the process of switching over, They have been heard on both systems, But as far as when each county will change is actually up to them, There is no certain cutoff date, Just when they get ready to switch so there is no way really to tell specifically, Let's just hope it won't be soon. LOL

EDIT: However, Probably going to be pretty darn quick, Here's the AWIN info:

btritch

It won't let me post the info but if you'll check out the AWIN section of the database it has TGID's listed for Lonoke and Pulaski counties therefore the switch will probably be pretty quick and pretty close to the near future..I'd go ahead and get a digital capable radio if I were going to get one, I just got one last week and I can tell you there is a heck of a difference.. But like I said eventually the entire state police/fire/ems/rescue all will be on AWIN and digital and as of right now it not encrypted but it is 100% digital.. Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.