pro 528

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAR923

This guy has not been abe to figure out basic things about the 528 - like how to turn it off and on - since he first posted on 5/27. At some point, it should be come clear he needs to find a different hobby.

45SigSauer

This guy has not been abe to figure out basic things about the 528 - like how to turn it off and on - since he first posted on 5/27. At some point, it should be come clear he needs to find a different hobby.

And you were blessed with the knowledge of how to do EVERYTHING from the day you were born?:roll:
Some have a hard time learning, try helping the poor guy out, you might be surprised how good it makes you feel.

JohnNDenver

Helpful info on the Model 528

1. It is made by Uniden America http://www.Unidenamerica.com I OWN one!
2. The manual that come with is poorly written but does have critical info
3. Print out the manual with 1 Page per 8.5 x 11' sheet. Put um in a 3 ring binder so you can make notes on the side of the page.
4. Cross reference !!! the pages with overlapping info Study pages 30-34 and 53-54
5. I am using Scan Cat lite plus to program mine
6. The scanner works fine IF you study the manual and fill in the scanner software correctly
7. The correct cable is 20-047 available at Radio shack
8. In Windows XP Pro create a "communications Port for exclusive use with the scanner". I made Comm 5
It has to be set to a vert. set of "USB to serial" and "9600 BUAD". It might take a higher buad rate for faster loading. The cable will blink when you are transferring data.
9. The dafault transfer rate worked at .ooo1 for me

10 NO it does not work on Project 25-APO Trunked system It does EDACS just fine. BUT u have to set the BANK to "ed" before you program. the frequencys
11. RADIO SHACK personnel are SALESmen, NOT Techs!

SAR923

And you were blessed with the knowledge of how to do EVERYTHING from the day you were born?:roll:
Some have a hard time learning, try helping the poor guy out, you might be surprised how good it makes you feel.

I'm more than happy to help anyone who posts something intelligible. Did you understand what he was asking? If so, why didn't you try to help the poor guy out?

Status
Not open for further replies.