Pro-651: PRO 651

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLAB

Just got one. Seems to be the same as PSR 500 and PRO 106 except V Folders are blank. I don't mind this however as I never used them anyway.

Does this allow apco 25 phase 2??
I just happen to get on radioshacks website and saw it. But im at work so haven't done any research yet.

JLAB, how does the PRO-651 do handling a simulcast P25 system? Given a choice of the two, the PRO-651 or a BCD396XT since RS has both for the same price?

I noticed that ScannerMaster calls it Whistler from day one totally forgetting it was still GRE that built the PRO-2004, PRO-96, etc...

Also, will the PRO-651 trunktrack, only only decode single channels, of a P25-IP system, like the migration used on Ohio's MARCS state-wide system?

k3ygc

pro651

does the pro651 receive the md FIRST system? if so, i may have to sell my programmed bcd396xt! would not have bought it if i had known the uniden didn't do first!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The RadioShack models do not handle APCO P25 Phase 2 (that is what is FIRST is using). For that system, you would need either a Uniden BCD436HP (handheld) or BCD536HP (base/mobile). There are no other options at this time.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
The RadioShack models do not handle APCO P25 Phase 2 (that is what is FIRST is using). For that system, you would need either a Uniden BCD436HP (handheld) or BCD536HP (base/mobile). There are no other options at this time.

Would not a PSR 800 scanner receive Phase 2?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps, but they have not been in production for about 2 years, thus "...at this time."

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Perhaps, but they have not been in production for about 2 years, thus "...at this time."

But if they are still in use, whether or not they are "in production," they are still an option. The Ford Thunderbird is no longer in production, yet it remains an option to get from point A to point B.

Just sayin'

:)

Not busting on ya UPMan, just feeling feisty and argumentative tonight. :D

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
Just got one. Seems to be the same as PSR 500 and PRO 106 except V Folders are blank. I don't mind this however as I never used them anyway.

What is the build quality like ? Does the front-end overload on Airband & VHF-Hi like the Pro-106 ?

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
What is the build quality like ? Does the front-end overload on Airband & VHF-Hi like the Pro-106 ?

I'm assuming they made no changes to the original design, short of maybe a different case color and logo on the front. But it would be interesting to know...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Doubtful that there is any agenda. Looks like someone just did a blanket replacement of "GRE" with "Whistler" without adjusting the rest of the content (and without telling Rich Carlson that was being done, or I'm sure he would have not let it go out like that).

My guess is that it will be fixed within 24 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.