Pro-668 Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedfordsheriff

Premium Subscriber
Hello. First of all I am not sure why my username became bedfordsheriff - that's where I work. I am not the Sheriff, who is an outstanding Sheriff.
I am IT and setting up a scanner (Pro-668) and having some issues.
When using the import library feature via zip code (24523) we cannot get any traffic off the imported library except Fire&Rescue which is conventional. (Using the zip code feature doesn't even properly set up the scanner right at all - which I don't understand even after updating the library)
So I hooked it up to the software included on the SD card of the scanner. Imported our trunked radio systems which was State Police and Central Planning. We can't receive any State police stuff where I live so I removed that Trunked Radio System and just left Central Planning. With the help of the 911 communications manager we removed all the unused channels in the sites. We have 3 sites (lynchburg, Bedford, and stewartsville.) So I removed all the talkgroups that we weren't using (know for a fact) Our system is EDACs and analog system still.
I set all the talkgroups to Playlist 1. Then made Playlist 2 a conventional channel for the school buses.
We replaced the default antenna with the Radio Shack 800mhz antenna as recommended by many people.
I wrote config to the SD card and activated Playlist 1 and Playlist 2 only (set playlist 1 to priority) and all I can get is the conventional channel.
An older scanner in the same place worked fine, this is a replacement since the old scanner gave up the ghost after many many faithful years.
I have done all the updates on the scanner. Is there a step I am missing? Please help if you can. I can provide pictures of the scanner and screenshots of the software.

Swipesy

It is hard to be specific without seeing your actual configuration but I offer this much.

1. If you are hearing conventional and not trunked then it is pretty certain the antenna and reception is fine.
2. With an EDACS system you must have the system frequencies in the proper order as shown in the RR Database.
3. When you did your import with the software did you use "Select Import Type - Preferred"? Then select "State", "Counties/Cities", Lynchburg" and then select System and sites and Talkgroups?

If you did all these steps it should work fine.

bedfordsheriff

Premium Subscriber
I've attached my scanner config. Thank you, again, for any and all help/suggestions/advice.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 371
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Capture3.jpg
    Capture3.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 375
  • Capture4.jpg
    Capture4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Capture5.jpg
    Capture5.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 394

bedfordsheriff

Premium Subscriber
Just a heads up, I got it working. Thanks!
Just had to make a couple changes in the config - the one I showed works beautifully. I had uploaded this before applying to the SD card, and boom, it works, so in case anyone needs it in future reference, it's here.
Thanks for your help!

Swipesy

One change for you. If you enable Play Set 01 that works for all enabled PlayLists. You do not need to Enable Play Set 02 in your Configuration with 01 enabled. If you decide to use Play Sets then Disable Play Set 01, Enable Play Set 02 - 20 and BE SURE to assign Playlists to the Play Sets you enable.

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
I have an old laptop running XP professional. Would the Pro668 software run on XP? Any issues? I am thinking running software on XP might be simpler than trying to run it on Windows 10.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.