Pro- 92 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2OAD

Hi,

I have an old Pro-92 scanner that I would like to program. I tried using Win92 software. I am using Serial USB cable to 1/8" jack. When I plug in the cable, the scanner goes into clone mode. I try to start software, but will not recognize and connect. I am using Win 7 computer. Any ideas or other programs to use/try?

Thanks
Joe
N2OAD

Jimbo695

Don't know why the link I paste in my reply gets changed when I post it. Sorry for the confusion. I'll try writing it out. starrsoft..com/freeware/win2/

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Are you using the stereo-mono adapter? Some RS models use it (only a few older than the one you have, I think) and many don't

Also check to see whether the driver you are using is Win7 compatible...did you check Device Manager to see whether the driver actually created a port for you? And did you load the driver, then connect the cable to the PC and scanner (yes, the order does matter).

You may also need to run in compatibility mode - this is pretty old software, and it might not like Win7...

Just a few thoughts...Mike

LesWurk

ka3jjz;2692086 You may also need to run in compatibility mode - this is pretty old software said:
Runs for me on my Win 7 machine. When the serial port is set some usb adapters need addition write time, might investigate that in the configuration drop down menu.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-92

I am doing this without issues. Open Device Manager and look for PORTS. Plug the USB end of the cable into your computer and watch to see what COM port gets assigned. You'll need the FTDI driver if you don't have it installed.

Go into WIN92 and set the COM port. Just try downloading from the scanner first. I have the options "Extra Write Time" and "Set RTS Line HIGH" unchecked. I have the Enable Readback tests option checked.

When you do this, what happens?

N2OAD

I do remember having to use the adapter. It's been years since I programmed it last. I think the usb cable I have is a mono plug, but may still need adapter. I will give it a shot. Tks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.