pro 95 went poof

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark76

my pro 95 went poof. any recomendations with something similar to the pro 95? thanks!

LarrySC

Best replacement for 95 is a 97. Same radio BUT has signal stalker and thats worth every penny of the price. Has PL/DPL tone. Now it twice as valuable.

Bentley

I agree with Larry...including a 16 charachter alpha numeric display as compared to the 12 digit found on the 95 (which believe it or not makes a big difference)

As far as the "poof" is concerned :
can you describe the poof?
was it your general, everyday poof?

Any attempt to reset / initialize the scanner?

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
yes, what exactly did the radio do, b/c it MIGHT be fixable, but if not, think of it as a blessing and get a Uniden 246t! exact same at Pro97 except smaller and it does not have mil-air, BUT remember that it will upgrade after rebanding just by updating the firmware via the pc with the cable that comes with it. You will be sending your Pro97 back in waiting a week maybe 2 to get it back and paying 30$ . i love radioshack radios, but they hold back a little to much, unless you want digital get the 246t it is awesome, and basicly the same price as the pro 97, maybe a little more, but you get the power charger cord/batteries and programming cable, and i love the size...

mark76

thanks to all! after several attempts to reset it finally statrted woeking again. hmmmmmmmmm!

Status
Not open for further replies.