Pro-96 occasionally goes deaf on certain TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleverin

Don't really know why but a couple of sites I programmed in get this annoying loud feedback like an electronic jackhammer or something and I have to lock them out. One is a certain frequency on the Cheyenne Mtn site and another is the San Carlos Correctional Facility(right on the same campus when my job is). Maybe they are secure and that's why the scanner isn't picking them up, doesn't really bother me but seems odd when many other frequencies on those same sites are readable. I was even able to get the Pueblo PD okay. Am using the 800Mhz antenna and it seems to be working as good as any for this system and picking up really good.

jleverin

Sometimes I get just garbled digital traffic from certain takgroups and other times it's completely clear. I really don't think it's my scanner though because often I'll hear the dispatcher tell the cop or firefighter "you were digital on that and I couldn't read you" Can't really understand why it'll do that sometimes and other times not. Maybe it's just the system.....

04Z1V6

Bob I had this same problem (pro-2096) until one of the guys on the Colorado forum told me to program just two of the cc's I was using. I think motor boating is just something you deal with, with the 2096.

Status
Not open for further replies.