pro 96 trunking setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlcanuck

Im definitely a noob. I have played with this for manyhours now and no research
can help me get to solution. I live in wright county, mn and we are analog.....no problem there, but stearns county is digital and using apco25? I would like to get into the chatter over there (saint cloud, stearns county) , but don't know how to set up the trunking via the win 96 software....or manually for that matter. How do I even begin? MOT? Fleet maps are completely greek as well. If there is someone willing to throw out their expertise, I would be most grateful.

N8IAA

Im definitely a noob. I have played with this for manyhours now and no research
can help me get to solution. I live in wright county, mn and we are analog.....no problem there, but stearns county is digital and using apco25? I would like to get into the chatter over there (saint cloud, stearns county) , but don't know how to set up the trunking via the win 96 software....or manually for that matter. How do I even begin? MOT? Fleet maps are completely greek as well. If there is someone willing to throw out their expertise, I would be most grateful.

Have you checked the database here for Stearns County? It will tell you what the frequencies are and the TGID's. Fleet maps are only used on Type I and TypeIIi hybrid systems, not on P-25.
Larry

n2mdk

You best bet would really be to get the Premium Subscription to this site http://www.radioreference.com/apps/subscription/ then use Win96 to download directly from the database into the software. You will need the programming cable as well. It will make your life much simpler and at least get you started.
If you want to try to do it manually follow the directions from this link http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Programming_Shortcut_Pro-96
A P-25 system such as ARMER is programmed the same as a MOT Type II is.

kewlcanuck

I appreciate you input. I do see the freqs, not really seeing tgid's in relation to those freqs, but i guess my problem lies more in the inputting the info. I don't know whether to input it as conv,MOT, or edacs. I'm not sure on Rx mode either.
Any input is appreciated!

kewlcanuck

alright, first advice was taken....signed up for this website. I have the cable too.
Next project.....downloading from this site, onto the win96 software. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.