pro197

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffpenland

still problems with this scanner to monitor trunking the city is santa clara ca close to where i live my pro 163 picks up freq just fine when i scan with the 197 i get nothing both are on at the same time scanning just that city. when i put the 197 in manual mode for that city and analyz it works just fine HELP I DONT HAVE ANY HAIR LEFT. LOL

Highpockets

still problems with this scanner to monitor trunking the city is santa clara ca close to where i live my pro 163 picks up freq just fine when i scan with the 197 i get nothing both are on at the same time scanning just that city. when i put the 197 in manual mode for that city and analyz it works just fine HELP I DONT HAVE ANY HAIR LEFT. LOL

Do you have the Trunking Tables (Band Plan) set to rebanding?

coloradomom

Turn your scanner off .
Turn it back on and see the welcome and and hit the tune button and set your squelch counter clock wise
to about 10 minutes to the hour .

This is how i set my scanner .
Good luck

jeffpenland

pro 197

dont know about band plan updated to 1.9 did not seem to work either returned to 1.8 no luck think ill return to ver 1.9 and start over

Highpockets

dont know about band plan updated to 1.9 did not seem to work either returned to 1.8 no luck think ill return to ver 1.9 and start over

You'll need to enter the rebanded band plan for it to track that system.

Try this: Enter both

ChLo ------ ChHi-----Step-----Offset-----Base Freq

440--------559------25.0------440-------851.0250
0------------719------25.0-------0---------851.0125

jeffpenland

thanks guys still having some issues when i put in trunked freq under trunk no good BUT when i put the same freq under conv it works iam totally confused now lol

jfhtm350

Are you using software to program the scanner or are you doing it manually?
Did you enter the custom trunking tables? If you do not have the right trunking tables, it will trunk off to some wild frequency that they are not on.

jeffpenland

pro 197

yes it is also trying to program alameda county ie fremont oakland etc also no progaming YET

Last edited:

jeffpenland

no software yet doing it my self but i think i will start looking for one any ideas explain custom trunking tables please thanks jeff

Last edited:

jfhtm350

When the control channel sends the talkgroup to channel X it figures the frequency from the trunking tables. If the wrong trunking tables are programmed in, then it will trunk off to the wrong frequency and you will not hear them. There is a standard trunking table for 800mhz but if the system is rebanded then the standard trunking table may not work properly. That is why you need a custom trunking table to fix that. There are settings inside the software to let you set the tables to Rebanded or Custom to fix that. I dont know how to tell you how to program them in manually without software because Ive never done it manually. Im using Win500 for mine and have done it through the program.

If your Pro-163 picks up the system fine and you havent messed with the trunking tables in it then it probably is programmed with the standard T-Tables and the trunking tables may not be the problem with your Pro-197. You may just have something set wrong in the way you programmed it in.

When you scan the system you programmed in, watch it closely. If you see the frequencies jumping around (even to the wrong frequencies shown in the database) with no one talking then you can bet the t-tables are wrong. If that is not the case and you get absolutely nothing, then you probably have something set wrong when you progammed it.

By the way program in all of the Control Channels for the system. Some people program all of the frequencies in, just in case the control channel changes to a voice channel.

jfhtm350

I believe you are talking about the software update from Radioshack.com when you say 1.8 to 1.9. You need to update your scanner to version 1.9 if that is so. That has nothing to do with a bandplan or t-tables everyone is talking about.

w2xq

Mentor
no software yet doing it my self but i think i will start looking for one any ideas explain custom trunking tables please thanks jeff

Jeff, I think you're saying that you are not using software nor the programming cable. I found entering data by the scanner's keypad is akin to doing a root canal on myself. It's good to understand the process, but it is ugly. Nor do I have the patience for the tedious work.

If you value your time at $30/hr, less than 4 hours pays for the cable, programming software and the RR subscription. Additionally the scanner's memories are backed up. No backup file, and if the scanner resets itself? Reentering the data again by hand, it "costs" you another number-of-hours at $30/hr.

Read through the appropriate forum threads in the software section and sift through the RR Wiki for pages on programming and the individual software packages.

Once you have your first data file working, resave the file with a new name (e.g. 2011-12-04_v1, 2011-12-04_v2, 2011-12-05_v1 ...) before experimenting with any changes to scanner settings or adding talkgroups and conventional frequencies. Repeat each time you make changes. Something not right? Abandon the current file, load the most recent "good" file and go again.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.