Pro96Com - Edit RID

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Help!
Today, actually all day, i have amended the "Radios.txt" file in Pro96Com (great program BTW). Every time I edit the RID's, save and the open Pro96com to "read from a data file" I do not see any of the changes i made!
By chance, any one have a remedy to editing and the RID's and saving them?
The system I monitor has over 2,800 RID's at the moment. It is totally ludicrous to amend the RID's on the fly (live). Don't get me wrong I'm truly appreciative of this wonderful program and the endeavor put into it. But if you have to manually (daily) enter ID’s on a system that employs 3,000 plus RID's..... Help!

vince48

kma371

QRT
Help!
Today, actually all day, i have amended the "Radios.txt" file in Pro96Com (great program BTW). Every time I edit the RID's, save and the open Pro96com to "read from a data file" I do not see any of the changes i made!
By chance, any one have a remedy to editing and the RID's and saving them?
The system I monitor has over 2,800 RID's at the moment. It is totally ludicrous to amend the RID's on the fly (live). Don't get me wrong I'm truly appreciative of this wonderful program and the endeavor put into it. But if you have to manually (daily) enter ID’s on a system that employs 3,000 plus RID's..... Help!

vince48

Are you editing a backup file maybe?

kma371

QRT
Yeah I had the same problem previously. One is a back up and one is the file the program actually looks for.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
OK, edit file (radio.txt) in my document folder. Spent another bloody half hour on the file. Fired up Pro96Com, still the same problem. Radio id tag shows instead of the text.
Tried "read for data file, same issue. Can you not edit the file?

Ok coach, its 4th and 10, what should we do?

vince48

mikey60

You should be able to edit the file. My suggestion would be to rename the file and see if the program re-creates the file in that folder. That will at least confirm the location it's using. By default it's the one in My Documents.

Mike

vince48

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to edit the file. My suggestion would be to rename the file and see if the program re-creates the file in that folder. That will at least confirm the location it's using. By default it's the one in My Documents.

Mike

Thanks Mike,
two more stupid questions. I open the Radio.txt file as a CSV in order to edit it. Should i save the file as a .txt or .csv? i presume to same the folder in the C:\Users\vincent\Documents\Pro96Com\System1F1

vince48

cpetraglia

Radios.txt

I have had this problem since day one. (My system has 9000 radios). Every now and then Pro96com loses all the radios/TGs files. This is easy to get around. Let it run on your PC for a day or two. Open channel grant trace and edit from there. It is way easier anyway. After you have done all your editing and save it, don't shut down Pro96. Create a back up file anywhere and name it with your sys ID, or anything you prefer. Go to My Docs/Pro96/Sys ID and copy & paste to your back-up file. The program will do this while it's running. This way, when any thing goes amiss you can copy it back and it will be fine. Been doing this for 2 years.
On this subject, What ever happened to the new release that was supposed to resolve this? !!!!

Great Program !!! I live off it.

Chuck

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Chuck, sounds like a plan. I will raise my glass and toast you Sir. I will let you know how it comes out after i get the BBQ started and and few more glasses!

vince48

mikey60

Thanks Mike,
two more stupid questions. I open the Radio.txt file as a CSV in order to edit it. Should i save the file as a .txt or .csv? i presume to same the folder in the C:\Users\vincent\Documents\Pro96Com\System1F1

vince48

CSV. The program does read that file back in. If possible, each field should be quoted.

Mike

cpetraglia

Pro96

Thank you. I have forgotten to check lately. The parking problem is fixed. I'll see what happens with the data after a few days and let you know.

Thanks

Chuck

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Chuck, sounds like a plan. I will raise my glass and toast you Sir. I will let you know how it comes out after i get the BBQ started and and few more glasses!

vince48

Well Chuck, that didn't work. Thanks for the effort thou.

vince48

kma371

QRT
You might have missed my earlier question but is the program running while you are editing the file?

vince48

Premium Subscriber
kma371,
Yes, i did this while the program was running. I believe i have followed the instructions. I even did it with the Radio file after doing the grant file and still nothing changed.
I even deleted all the files in my system folder and no change. I'm running on Windows 8.1 if that makes any differents.
Pro96Com is a great program, but trying to edit RID's while monitoring the system is not good. Listeners fatigue sets in very early while trying to edit constantly.

vince48

Status
Not open for further replies.