Pro96com software

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuttleje

I'm running Pro96com software on a computer connected to a Radio Shack Pro-96 to monitor data on a system. In addition, I use a BCD-396T to monitor the audio. Using the Pro96com software, not only can I see the talkgroup, but the actual radio I.D. You can hear the Unit number on the audio of the BCD-396T and see the identification number embedded in the radio with the Pro96com software. Pro96com allows you to "tag" a radio I.D. number with a label. By listening to the dispatch and comparing the data seen on the Pro96com software, I can identify which unit has keyed the mike and is talking. By studying the system. I have discovered the numbering procedures one organization uses to distinguish between handheld and car radios. I can now actually see which radio/car is transmitting and if they are using a handheld or a vehicle radio. Therefore, I have labeled the radio I.D. numbers to the correct police/fire unit numbers and if they are in a car or on their handheld. Almost everyone has a "take home" car...which means they always use the same radio. It's a great way to study a system. The software creates several Excel files that you can use for analysis of unknown talkgroups or radios I.D. numbers. Using the "System Activity" screen, you are able to view all transmissions, even though you may be listening to another talkgroup. It takes scanning to a new level.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
mandlair said:
I do beleive the system needs to be 9600 baud rate to work. doesn't help here in Delaware. Mike
This is true for using Pro96Com software; however, Trunker is designed for Motorola and EDACS systems and does the same thing. I think Mike based the functionality of Pro96Com heavily on the functionality of Trunker.

That said, this thread really does not belong here. This forum is for the discussion of programming and control software for scanners. There is a forum here on RR dedicated to "decoding" software; it is the Trunker/Etrunker/T4Win Decoders forum. This thread is therefore closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.