Problem with PRO-528

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector5502

Premium Subscriber
My scanner pro-528 will not recived on 800MHz, UHF, VHF. but will recived aviation frequencies, I know the scanner is working, I have reset the scanner about 3 time and still do the same, can anybody help with this problem, thank you for any help,,,,,,,,

trumpetman

Database Admin
Have you tried the included service (SVC) searches? There is one for the HAM bands, Marine (MRN), Air, & Police/Fire (POL). Let it search for a few minutes and see if you hear any traffic. Once you confirm that, we can go from there and make sure you're programming things properly.

Also, can you list at least the county you live in in Florida so others can determine what you're trying to program and listen in on? It would help out some.

hector5502

Premium Subscriber
yes the scanner look like is serching, but there is no sound or squerch, but went am scannig aviation freq. works fine..

trumpetman

Database Admin
Well let it run for a few minutes on a search, your POL search should be the better, it'll be the busiest in my opinnion, plus I catch a few control channels when it sweeps the 800 MHz part of the search on my scanner. Will you please post your county so we can figure out a channel or two to program in and test if that works.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Alright, Broward County, I would check the RadioRefernce Database if you haven't already and try plugging in some of the control channels for the Primary site for the Broward County Motorola Trunked System (those are the 4 red frequencies). If you hear a nasty machine gun noise, then your scanner isn't dead and we can go from there. Did you hear any machine gun like noise, whcih would be the data channel, while doing the POL service search?

Broward County Trunking System, Broward County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Are you getting anything on the NOAA weather frequencies? Hit the WX button and see if you get any sound. If not, then it sounds like your scanner is having major issues with FM reception while AM is working fine.

trumpetman

Database Admin
From what I can get so far, he has an external antenna. He's not hearing a thing on the WX channels. He can pick up the local TRS & AM aviation channels, but can't get anything on FM VHF or UHF channels. Anyone got any ideas? Squelch isn't making a sound with it all the way down either.

Status
Not open for further replies.