• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Problem with VX2200 Programming Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2gql

Premium Subscriber
For some reason my CE82 programming software for the VX-2200 has stopped showing the "main programming screen." The basic info at the top of the software shows (serial number, band, com port, group number, etc) but the bulk of the screen with all of the channel info is missing (ch #, xmt freq, rx freq, tag, etc).

I've been using the same software and cable for four years with no problems -- until this week. I had been using version 3.01, have uninstalled it, installed version 3.03, reinstalled the cable drivers, etc, with no change. There is still no programming screen. I've contact Vertex but have not received an answer.

Any ideas? Thanks.

wa2chj

I had a similar issue with the CE115 software where columns would disappear, and nothing would bring them back. Another forum member came up with the fix for me. It applies to the CE115 software, but if you can find the equivalent file in your software, this will probably work for you.

"Goto "C:\Program Files\Vertex Standard\CE115" then delete "CE115.xml" and restart ce115.exe and load a file.

You will be back to the original look when you first installed it."

n2gql

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the advice. I tried deleting the ce82.xml and loading a file. Unfortunately, it did not work. So, I am still trying to come up with a solution.

wa2chj

Sorry, your issue sounded so much like mine, I was sure it would fix yours. Sounds like you've already tried everything else that I tried for my issue when the other forum member suggested what fixed mine. I hope Vertex comes up with a solution for your problem. If you get it fixed, please post what you did, I'm sure there are others that have or will run into something similar.

Scott

chrislwood

Same issue here.. with CE-82 v3.01. The main screen shows nothing. I could live with that unless that is how you create new channels.

I'm really trying to setup channels on 2 new vx2200 but I can't seem to find any menu that controls channel information. It only has the factory default Ch-1 (415MHz), GROUP-01 assignment. I can create a new Group and assign a channel *count* to it through the "Channel Allocations/Group Alpha Tag" menu... but I can't create new channels or change anything about channel 1.

Are the channel parameters controlled on the main screen? If not, any ideas on how I can create/modify channels?

chrislwood

.... and I think the answer is YES... channel programming is done on the main programming screen per this help text..

Chn(CHANNEL)
[Main Programming Screen] - [Chn Column]
This parameter indicates the channel number.
To enable or disable the channel, bring the cursor to this column to enable the programming, then presses the [SPACE] key. The channel lines displayed in thick black are unlocked and enabled, the channel lines displayed in gray are locked and disabled
Range: "On" and "Off"

There was no .xml in my CE-82 folder but there is a .ini file... however that looked well formatted ;(

chrislwood

Well, I ditched v3.01 after finding a link to 3.02 and all is well. The main programming page populates now and I can create/modify channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.