• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Problems programming Icom f-50v

Status
Not open for further replies.

katpar

I just acquired 5 icom ic-f50v radios .I can read the radios but cannot write to them .I have version cs-f50v mm version 3.11 software and the firmware version of the radio is 3.4 I have tried the software in a few different computers and used both a serial and usb programming cables .I have tried both high speed and normal speed high speed settings but nothing works .I even tried changing the bus speed of the cables to a lower baud rate in the settings and still nothing works .It seems the software knows the radio is there but in the display of the radio nothing changes when I attempt to write to the radios .all cables are opc-966

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
F50V / F60V software and firmware
Current radios use CS-F50V MM v3.1.1 software and FL3060A v3.6.2 firmware.
Current Software version: 3.1.1
Current Firmware version: 3.6.2

CS-F50V MM v3.1.1 should read all of the earlier V models.

I've had some non-V F50's that needed other versions. There is a bit of trial and error needed.
The current versions are:
Clone Software 2.1. (MDC)
Adjust Software 2.0 (MDC)

Note: Newer MDC cloning software has the same features as earlier, non-MDC cloning software and can be used for non-MDC operation in older radios.

CS-F50v1.6.zip application/x-zip-compressed 1,481.1 KB
CS-F50v1.1 adj.zip application/x-zip-compressed 2,193.7 KB
CS-F50v1.0.zip application/x-zip-compressed 1,480.7 KB
CS-F50v1.2.zip application/x-zip-compressed 1,471.2 KB
CS-F50v1.3.zip application/x-zip-compressed 1,471.6 KB
CS-F50v1.5.zip application/x-zip-compressed 1,480.4 KB
CS-F50v1.7.zip application/x-zip-compressed 1,481.1 KB
CS-F50ADJ MDCv2.0.zip application/x-zip-compressed 2,194.6 KB
CS-F50 MDCv2.0.zip application/x-zip-compressed 1,687.3 KB
CS-F50 Cloning MDC v2.1.zip application/x-zip-compressed 1,690.0 KB
CS-F50_MDC1200 inst sheet.pdf application/pdf 189.6 KB

Are you sure they're V's? (Model number on the tag and a silver bezel)

The bad news: Older F50 radios used in long term rough service with remote speaker/mics attached had an issue with stress breaking the solder joints between the side connector board and the main board. Some read/write fine, some have to be "Englished" forwards or backwards while programming (flex the side connector and hold your breath while reading/writing), and some just won't program without repair. If you are either skilled or fearless it is not difficult. Since Osaka changed that process four or five years ago, I haven't seen this issue with any of the V radios, but it is not impossible.

The good news is that is the only mechanical issue with the 50-series chassis series. I've worn the same non-V F50 daily since 2007. Only the battery, antenna and a couple knobs are not original.

Last edited:

retiredinsemo

This may seem strange but some of my Icom software refuses to read/write unless I switch to Comm1 in the device manager/software settings. My F14 and F121 are fine with Comm3 but my F3021 has a tendancy to hang up from time to time. No hang ups or error messages when switched to Comm1.

Hope this helps.

12dbsinad

The bad news: Older F50 radios used in long term rough service with remote speaker/mics attached had an issue with stress breaking the solder joints between the side connector board and the main board. Some read/write fine, some have to be "Englished" forwards or backwards while programming (flex the side connector and hold your breath while reading/writing), and some just won't program without repair. If you are either skilled or fearless it is not difficult. Since Osaka changed that process four or five years ago, I haven't seen this issue with any of the V radios, but it is not impossible.

The good news is that is the only mechanical issue with the 50-series chassis series. I've worn the same non-V F50 daily since 2007. Only the battery, antenna and a couple knobs are not original.

The F50V/F60V's use a flex ribbon cable to feed the accessory connector versus being soldered on to the board. This has solved the issue with the V's, or at least I have not seen or heard of any issues.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Haven't had a failure and needed to open one up like I have done oh-so-often with the original non-V series. That would 'splain why.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.