• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX Program the Bluetooth RLN6562 RSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohio64thffemt

Hey guys
I have a RLN6562 RSM. I recently got the Motorola accessory programming software. I am trying to determine how to program the MIC. do you connect to it with Bluetooth or the USB port under where the Battery is? I have attempted both and not had much luck. I am trying to make sure I am going down the correct path here.

ohio64thffemt

I know there isn't but I did plug into the USB and still nothing. It has to be due to being in Windows 10 I'm sure. I'll the info talks about windows 7 and do etc. I can't get it to read with the USB connected in the back.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Is it still connected via bluetooth when you try? It's really just to update the firmware, as stated above the buttons functions are done in CPS. Did you install the USB driver?

johnoconnor98

Premium Subscriber
Connect via the USB port
. I have the software on WIN7, so don't know if it will run on WIN10.
Part of the install is to install "Flip" and maybe java and\or C++. Did those install OK?
edit because I forgot the link! https://www.motorolasolutions.com/c...yprogramingsoftware_customer_installation.pdf

Also, if you are using the bluetooth RSM to connect to the long range mobile mic, you need the Accessory Programming Software to edit the options.
We changed the RSM to automatically reconnect to the mobile mic every time it powered up. Had to use the software, since you aren't connecting to the actual radio

ohio64thffemt

Connect via the USB port
. I have the software on WIN7, so don't know if it will run on WIN10.
Part of the install is to install "Flip" and maybe java and\or C++. Did those install OK?
edit because I forgot the link! https://www.motorolasolutions.com/c...yprogramingsoftware_customer_installation.pdf

Also, if you are using the bluetooth RSM to connect to the long range mobile mic, you need the Accessory Programming Software to edit the options.
We changed the RSM to automatically reconnect to the mobile mic every time it powered up. Had to use the software, since you aren't connecting to the actual radio
Il

Yes absolutely you know exactly what I am talking about. Yes all of those loaded. I hook to the back USB port and a light flashes on the mic for a second than nothing. I knew I needed this software to edit options and that's what I am trying to do. Everything we have is updated to win 10 since 7 isn't going to be supported.

johnoconnor98

Premium Subscriber
The operation of the APS software is a little quirky. Are you able to read the RSM?
I'm off for the week so can't see my work laptop. If I remember you have to click something on the menu bar to open the tree on the left window and you will see the serial# of the RSM. Then click the serial# to read it. Or something like that.

There are only like 6 things you can set.

ohio64thffemt

No I don't think it's reading. I know there are only a few things but that's what I need. Most think you can program it in the APX/CPS software but you need to change this stuff in the accessory software. It doesn't seem to be reading the RSM

Status
Not open for further replies.