BCD436HP/BCD536HP: program uesd to program bcd436hp?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
And now very outdated, and would need to be updated, Sentinel is also stored on the sd card that came with the scanner.

StanBud

Are you using the correct version of Sentinel ? There are different versions for different scanners.
have the one for my model. i just wish it was as easy to use as program for my old scanner was. I want to copy frequencies fron different locations and put in one file.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It might be possible to accomplish if you give details. What is the other scanner? What software did you use with the other scanner?

gary123

Butel is another good software. I use both Sentinel and Butel. I find Butel is more user friendly.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
have the one for my model. i just wish it was as easy to use as program for my old scanner was. I want to copy frequencies fron different locations and put in one file.
In Sentinel, you can either enter a system and it's details into a Favorites manually, or by appending systems (already in the RR database) to a Favorites list. In Sentinel, you can cut and paste details from one system into another. But trying to cut and paste from something outside Sentinel, whether from a web page or other sources) can be problematic unless you set it up carefully.

Butel's ARC536, as well as ProScan, are much friendlier in pulling details from a webpage, then importing them into a Favorites list. I prefer ProScan, but some prefer the way the Butel software is configured.