• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programing a G4 to Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2tvl

Newbie
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Arcadia FL
So I received my G4 a couple of weeks ago and I have gotten to do everything I want accept Alert on a 2 Tone pair. I have searched and read, understood and misunderstood, tried, tried and tried again – BUT have failed to get it to Alert.

I am using PPS V0.3.16 Beta22 and G4 firmware V1.31_20201222

I have factory reset the pager, reloaded the firmware and reinstalled the PPS software.

I can listen to it as a scanner, scan silent, monitor the system by the way it is a P25 Phase I

I am reasonably sure that I have the tone frequencies. I have played at several different times and had 2 Tone Detect “analyze” them and I have even created the tones in Audacity coming up with virtually the same results.

I have shortened the “Protocol Parameter Settings” to the shortest and used the second tone as a long tone hoping to get the G4 alert even if its a false alert.

I have even set it to alert on the next higher and lower tones.

I have put the tones in the “2- Tone Phase 2” for giggles and kicks.

I have set the sub-group with the correct talk group, FFFF and no setting

Any ideas what I have missed?

Dave
 

kearthfan101

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
452
Reaction score
94
Send some screen shots if you can or upload your pager file. Maybe an audio clip of what the tone pair sounds like. I got my pager to work on a P25 phase 1 tone set, and I can cross reference to see if there are issues.
 

kc2tvl

Newbie
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Arcadia FL
Inside my uniquely named zip file is a wav recording, the pdf output from PPS and the PPS file.

I tried adjusting the tone "protocol parameters" last night to the minimums and I was able to get the pager to alert anytime anyone keyed a mic on the dispatch talkgroup (big annoying ooppss) - this is making me think that I have decoded the tones wrong.

Any help is great appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
    850.1 KB · Views: 19

Webodisk

Silent key.
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
1,181
Reaction score
112
Location
Virginia Beach,VA
your tone coding is correct, I did notice you have the alert for the TG 6211 set to none, set it to tone and re test
 

kearthfan101

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
452
Reaction score
94
Inside my uniquely named zip file is a wav recording, the pdf output from PPS and the PPS file.

I tried adjusting the tone "protocol parameters" last night to the minimums and I was able to get the pager to alert anytime anyone keyed a mic on the dispatch talkgroup (big annoying ooppss) - this is making me think that I have decoded the tones wrong.

Any help is great appreciated!

I personally couldn't find what was wrong (other than trying what Webodisk said). For my setup, I only have one tone on my alert talkgroup so I have it set up as a separate talkgroup as "RED 1 PAGE" with alerts and the specific P25T Phase 1 tone. Maybe you want to try that too? Or setup the knob as just that talkgroup. I also saw there's 5 sites and 51 control channels for that system that you're monitoring. Is it possible your pager is latching onto the wrong site?
 

kc2tvl

Newbie
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Arcadia FL
My G4 is working fine as a scanner- I can hear the talk groups that I want to hear and this site is not a high traffic site - well accept when it is rebroadcasting Polk and Hardee counties and even then even then it really isn't a lot of traffic rarely do I ever see three or more active talk groups (on my RasPi scanner). So I am thinking it is either the wrong tone frequencies or the protocol timing
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top