Programing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

railroadertwo

While I expect and encourage lots of different opinions on this question, but what is considered the best programing software for the Radioshack Pro-197, as it looks to be somewhat difficult to accomplish. Thanks KC0WNY

n5ims

While I expect and encourage lots of different opinions on this question, but what is considered the best programing software for the Radioshack Pro-197, as it looks to be somewhat difficult to accomplish. Thanks KC0WNY

Download all three (they all have a 30 day trial) from the link above and try them out yourself. There's really nothing different in what any of them do (they all provide access to the same features and perform the same function) but they differ in how they present them to the user. Frankly, they're all really good programs.

I could tell you which I prefer, but that would only say what works best for me and to be honest, it may be the worst choice for you unless you happen to understand how things work exactly how I do. Take advantage of the free trial period and testdrive them all or you may find that what we like is totally confusing to you. One nice thing about them is that they all work fine on the same PC so long as you don't run them at the same time (well, you might even have good luck with them all running at the same time, but only one can be using the programming cable at a time).

railroadertwo

Programming software

Thanks for the replies, I was basically trying to avoid installing a bunch of short lived software in my computer, some uninstall scripts, do not completely remove all registry entries and files. I did download PRSedit500 and am giving it a look, it appears at first blush to be easy to use, but I had to order a new programming cable, as the one I have of course, will not work. 73's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.