Programming BCD325P2 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
So i just got a BCD325P2, i got it programming and running fine with the ArcXT software. But what i need help with is this. i have 4 different areas id like to scan, my local VFD's, and another county Sheriff's Dept, both are which on Conv systems. Then i have 2 local Law enforcement systems, my local Sheriff's dept and the PD in the next county, each on 2 different systems. ive heard of quck keys, but basically, what i want to do, is be able to turn off the system i dont want to scan unless im in the area, and only have the 2 systems of my VFD's and local Law in my County. Any help would be appreciated. when i am on ArcXT and under browser, it has 4 systems.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Each conventional system can be assigned a system quick key. Pressing the quick key number on the keypad will toggle the system on and off. For each system, you have a set of 10 group quick keys available. You can select the frequencies you want to monitor by placing them into groups. You can have separate groups for Fire, EMS, Hospitals, Police, Public Works, Etc and be able to enable or disable them by using group quick keys. While scanning a system, pressing the FUNC button and then the quick key number will toggle that group on and off. For trunked systems, a system quick key can be assigned to each site. You can select sites on a multiple site trunked system by pressing the quick key number of the site on the keypad. If all sites are disabled, the trunked system is off. You also have a set of 10 group quick keys available for each trunked system and you can place similar talkgroups into groups the same way as frequencies in a conventional system.

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
You can manually avoid or receive any number of systems. But it sounds like you would like to set up the scanner to run two profiles... where a quick key would allow for the local stuff, the adjacent county stuff (and maybe a third with both). Like you might do with the BCDx36HP or the SDS models using separate FL’s (Favorite Lists). I don’t use quick keys so I can’t speak to that, not sure if the 325P2 has them or not.
Each conventional system can be assigned a system quick key. Pressing the quick key number on the keypad will toggle the system on and off. For each system, you have a set of 10 group quick keys available. You can control the frequencies you want to monitor by placing them into groups. You can have separate groups for Fire, EMS, Hospitals, Police, Public Works, Etc and be able to enable or disable them by using group quick keys. While scanning a system, pressing the FUNC button and then the quick key number will toggle that group on and off. For trunked systems, a system quick key can be assigned to each site. You can select sites on a multiple site trunked system by pressing the quick key number of the site on the keypad. If all sites are disabled, the trunked system is off. You also have a set of 10 group quick keys available for each trunked system and you can place talkgroups into groups the same way as frequencies in a conventional system.
Your reply trumps mine. Nicely done!

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
i have 4 fav lists, 1 for the county i lilve in, and 3 for nearby ****ies. but i dont want to listen to them all the time. ive heard you can set up a quick key to quickly turn on/off my different favorite lists quickly, if so, how do i do that? Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

tvengr

Well Known Member

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
It's simple if you press menu, scroll back to program system, choose system and proceed to follow the prompts of putting in the freqys and building the talk groups

Status
Not open for further replies.